Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Just now, melthebell said:

well this current government havent had time to do anything to counter the past 14 years of Tory rule and if you look back, 50 or so years of Tory rule, apart from the blip in the middle with New Labour.

The Tories have always played the race / immigration card to placate people while also taking plenty of the money for themselves and their rich mates, its just the past 14 years they got complacent and started doing it in front of us without hiding it.

despite all this i also think theres an undercurrent of the right who are scared of a Labour government and things are slipping too left wing, and are trying to kill off Labour now before they start.

this pic shows the exact problem perfectly for me, the rich take all the cookies apart from one then tell us, the workers, that the forieners come to steal our single cookie, so we fight among ourselves while the rich still have all the other cookies.

453256258_1849015302285877_8595228601053691965_n.jpg

I agree and made a similar point on this thread but was then told all the billionaires will just go wherever the lowest taxes if we try to increase wealth equality so there’s no point discussing this.  He didn’t seem to have a solution on how to stop all the ordinary people fighting amongst themselves for the crumbs though. 

1 minute ago, redruby said:

I agree and made a similar point on this thread but was then told all the billionaires will just go wherever the lowest taxes if we try to increase wealth equality so there’s no point discussing this.  He didn’t seem to have a solution on how to stop all the ordinary people fighting amongst themselves for the crumbs though. 

in other words, lets just carry on the hate instead of actually trying to find a real solution, like the Rwanda gimmick and the Stop the boats mantra instead of actually finding those responsible who take the money and buy and set off the people in the boats

jordan Parlours just got 20 months in Leeds for publishing online material to incite people to attack the Brittania Hotel which housed asylum seekers, the judge said he will serve half of the sentence and the other half on license

12 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Good answer.

also i think the incitement is different than in other cases

This guy was there, said it, but i dont think anybody actually carried it out.

The Jordan parlour online incitement is different, the Hotel did actually get attacked, whether that was due to his posts or not we will never know, but what he said should be attacked was attacked, with people in it.

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

jordan Parlours just got 20 months in Leeds for publishing online material to incite people to attack the Brittania Hotel which housed asylum seekers, the judge said he will serve half of the sentence and the other half on license

Two Asian lads who caused affray have also been sentenced .

A good thing,  as anyone involved with these riots whichever side- if found to be violent or inciting hate should go behind bars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

also i think the incitement is different than in other cases

This guy was there, said it, but i dont think anybody actually carried it out.

The Jordan parlour online incitement is different, the Hotel did actually get attacked, whether that was due to his posts or not we will never know, but what he said should be attacked was attacked, with people in it.

Reminds me of what my mother used to say if I said so and so told me to do it. 
“If he told thi to jump int Don would tha do it?”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Reminds me of what my mother used to say if I said so and so told me to do it. 
“If he told thi to jump int Don would tha do it?”

indeed sadly

4 minutes ago, Baz1 said:

Two Asian lads who caused affray have also been sentenced .

A good thing,  as anyone involved with these riots whichever side- if found to be violent or inciting hate should go behind bars.

yeah i posted those sentences, and mentioned it in another thread when the same crap about  two tier policings being brought up

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I just looked at his facebook profile. Nothing much on there, maybe he just made a very unwise comment on facebook, but he did say it.

A young lad with the attitude of up-yours, likes a pint of larger and he is a football fan.

Maybe he has cleaned up his Facebook profile.

Just now, El Cid said:

I just looked at his facebook profile. Nothing much on there, maybe he just made a very unwise comment on facebook, but he did say it.

A young lad with the attitude of up-yours, likes a pint of larger and he is a football fan.

Maybe he has cleaned up his Facebook profile.

well hes one of the first ive seen sentenced with proper anti immigration sentiment, all the rest seem to be drunk, there after bingo, or daft young lads.

The judge said the defendant was arrested and then interviewed on 5 August. His motivation was clear when he talked about attacking the hotel out of "anger and frustration" at "immigration problems" in this country, he says.

There can be no doubt he was inciting others, the judge said.

"You expressed remorse but by then it was too late," he finished.