Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

well hes one of the first ive seen sentenced with proper anti immigration sentiment, all the rest seem to be drunk, there after bingo, or daft young lads.

The judge said the defendant was arrested and then interviewed on 5 August. His motivation was clear when he talked about attacking the hotel out of "anger and frustration" at "immigration problems" in this country, he says.

There can be no doubt he was inciting others, the judge said.

"You expressed remorse but by then it was too late," he finished.

He has got 1,500 Facebook friends, which is quite a lot of people that could be influenced, even without being a leader.

again from the horses mouth aboutt he swift sentences

Stephen Parkinson, Director of Public Prosecutions, says officers recognise the deterrence role a "swift and robust response from law enforcement" can have, and they are aiming to make "immediate charging decisions" so cases can get to courts for sentencing "within days".

"My advice to anyone considering taking part in violent disorder - don’t," he adds.

Like i said earlier there could still be 1000s of people willing to take part in more riots over the coming hours, days, weeks, months, like he said, dont, or within days you might be spending 20 months in jail.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

He has got 1,500 Facebook friends, which is quite a lot of people that could be influenced, even without being a leader.

I watched the judge giving the sentence, he said his privacy settings were such that friends of friends wouldve go it too, so possibly 1000s of people

41 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Reminds me of what my mother used to say if I said so and so told me to do it. 
“If he told thi to jump int Don would tha do it?”

In my case Jim it was a cliff edge. Much more lethal!😆

echo.

• Haha 1

The racist keyboard warriors telling others to do stuff are starting to be locked up

• Bradley Makin, 21, of Simonside Road, Springwell, Sunderland, who posted videos of himself "roaring encouragement" at rioters in Sunderland on his Instagram account, has been jailed for two years
  • Tyler Kay, 26, of Effield Court, Northampton, was jailed for 38 months after stirring up racial hatred by using social media to call for hotels housing asylum seekers to be set alight
  • At Leeds Crown Court, Jordan Parlour of Seacroft, Leeds, has been sentenced to 20 months in jail after publishing written material intended to stir racial hatred

Parlour, 28, was the first person to be jailed for posts on Facebook during disorder which has spread across the country.

He admitted posting on social media between 1 and 5 August urging others to target a building in Leeds housing more than 200 asylum seekers and refugees.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

A pretty interesting video on 'two tier policing'.

The video was obviously up before the 2 asian lads were locked up today for attacking some white men after 2 rival demos, and after the Labour councilior is due in court on his charge

• Like 2

Talking of the Labour Councillor, he didnt give a plea so hes remanded in Custody and go to trial, so will take longer

Suspended Labour councillor Ricky Jones has appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court charged with encouraging violent disorder after comments he made at a counter protest in London.

Videos appeared online which seem to show ones, 57, telling a crowd in Walthamstow that far-right demonstrators should have their throats cut.

Deputy Senior District Judge Tan Ikram said: "It is alleged that using a microphone you addressed a crowd at an anti-fascist protest and, talking about others you described as 'disgusting Nazi fascists', you said 'we need to cut their throats and get rid of them'."

No indication of plea was given. Jones was remanded in custody until a pre-trial preparation hearing on 6 September.

He's been a councillor in Dartford, Kent, since 2019.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Talking of the Labour Councillor, he didnt give a plea so hes remanded in Custody and go to trial, so will take longer

Suspended Labour councillor Ricky Jones has appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court charged with encouraging violent disorder after comments he made at a counter protest in London.

Videos appeared online which seem to show ones, 57, telling a crowd in Walthamstow that far-right demonstrators should have their throats cut.

Deputy Senior District Judge Tan Ikram said: "It is alleged that using a microphone you addressed a crowd at an anti-fascist protest and, talking about others you described as 'disgusting Nazi fascists', you said 'we need to cut their throats and get rid of them'."

No indication of plea was given. Jones was remanded in custody until a pre-trial preparation hearing on 6 September.

He's been a councillor in Dartford, Kent, since 2019.

I reckon a 3 to 4 year sentence would be about right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I reckon a 3 to 4 year sentence would be about right.

Nah, i posted earlier about Joseph parlours sentence for incitement which was on a hotel in leeds that actually got attacked with people inside, he got 20 months. All though what this guy said was deliberate and just as bad, I dont think anybody actually acted on it so the consequences were less severe, although they couldve been more severe if somebody did actually take him up on his words.

so i think the sentence will and should be comparable.