Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

For a lone white female?

It is safe for a lone white female, I’ve seen a few myself and white females also live in the area you know.

8 hours ago, redruby said:

If a crime is committed the perpetrators should be punished and race shouldn’t come into it.  On a council estate of mostly white people, chances are the criminals are likely white.  If we are taking about Page Hall, Burngreave, Pitsmoor or Fir Vale they are more likely to be an ethnic minority.  But none of that should make any difference.

Did I say it should - or did??

4 hours ago, mafya said:

I know you didn’t but I live near Southey Co op and if I walk down a hill I’m in Px so the areas do kind of overlap as the offenders from PX sometimes run  or drive off into Southey Green area.

If you don’t mind me asking which part of PX are you in as there are a couple of parts of Px that are not very sought after?

I’m not in PX but I know people that are. There is trouble but as always it’s a minority causing problems for everyone else.  
It doesn’t help with council falling way behind with council house repairs.  It’s no excuse for crime but this is all part of reasons behind it.  It’s depressing as well as everything else and it’s no wonder there are many with mental health issues.  There’s also health issues from mould and damp.  So yes I see why there are some drug and crime issues.  I guess when the houses were built they were nice and everyone living there was working.  Even if they weren’t rolling in money.  
There is also the issue of the council moving in drug addicts.

Times have changed and not for the better unfortunately.  Most people in PX are not troublemakers but they certainty get stereotyped that way. They are mostly white but definitely not privileged.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Did I say it should - or did??

I believe you were asking about the skin colour of people committing crimes in Parson Cross.  I suppose that is to say most of them are white isn’t it?  Why do you want to make a point about that? As I said there’s plenty of crime in places like Burngreave and that’s a very multicultural area.  But so what? It’s the crime that’s the issue.  Criminals come in all skin tones.

4 hours ago, mafya said:

😂😂 I have 3 properties down there which includes my parents big house. I go everyday as I care for my dad and I live in Southey because I have lived up here well Shirecliffe before here for about 17 years.

I think every area has its problems but the main one round here is the idiots on bikes and the druggys asking for money or fags.

Down page hall the litter, groups congregating and noise is the main problem. There is probably drug dealing etc but it’s usually hidden and sometimes we do get big gangs fighting if the weather gets too hot or someone has robbed someone.

i lived in page hall for 25 plus years so I know how it has changed. Parson Cross is better then it was in the 90s when I used to go hang around their but I think the problem is the kids up in ox now are the kids of the kids of 90s px and unfortunately some of them didn’t learn about manners and respect so couldn’t teach their kids better.

This doesn’t apply to the majority by the was as there are many more decent people in Px then there are bad.

Wherever you live you just h@ve to make the most of it and hope it improves…

I got offered a house at a decent price in Mosborough but turned it down as it’s a bit too quiet in that area although to some it’s an ideal place to live. As long as you get on with neighbours and the shops are good then it’s all good.

Page Hall and Parson Cross both have problems with crime and comparing them to argue about which is worse is pointless really.  

Just now, redruby said:

I believe you were asking about the skin colour of people committing crimes in Parson Cross.  I suppose that is to say most of them are white isn’t it?  Why do you want to make a point about that? As I said there’s plenty of crime in places like Burngreave and that’s a very multicultural area.  But so what? It’s the crime that’s the issue.  Criminals come in all skin tones.

True, I was asking about the ethnicity of the criminal element there, and yes, as so far as I am aware it is still a mainly 'white' area, the majority of the criminal/anti-social behaviour will be by whites.

I made the point merely to make it clear that the ethnic make-up of an area will influence the type of individual who will be the perpetrators of most of the crime/disorder in the area.

20 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

True, I was asking about the ethnicity of the criminal element there, and yes, as so far as I am aware it is still a mainly 'white' area, the majority of the criminal/anti-social behaviour will be by whites.

I made the point merely to make it clear that the ethnic make-up of an area will influence the type of individual who will be the perpetrators of most of the crime/disorder in the area.

But what does it matter if criminals in Parson Cross are black or white?  If there’s crime it needs dealing with by the police.  
And what you mean by ‘type of individual’? That sounds very much like stereotyping.

1 minute ago, redruby said:

But what does it matter if criminals in Parson Cross are black or white?  If there’s crime it needs dealing with by the police.  
And what you mean by ‘type of individual’? That sounds very much like stereotyping.

I don't care whether a criminal is black/white/yellow/green/ orange...., they are breaking the law and should suffer the consequences. How you can interpret my comment as 'stereotyping' is beyond me - a criminal is a criminal is a criminal.

1 hour ago, mafya said:

It is safe for a lone white female, I’ve seen a few myself and white females also live in the area you know.

Well that certainly wasn't the case for my sister who had to move from that area because of all the anti social behaviour and intimidation. It was from the Slovakian and Romanian Roma in the main.