Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I'm surprised that those who are sympathetic to the far right haven't complained about Prince Charles's message of praise of those who turned out to counter the far right and racist hatred on the streets.

Readers of the Daily Mail are fulminating :hihi:

Well nobody's complaining because Charlie hasn't has been a political & only mentioned 'Community'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cj35mv0m5zno

The Right-wing thing is just in your head & only you trying to troll & spark a response. 

Interesting though that Charlie has been in contact with Starmer & police chiefs.  I can hear the conversation now.   "How bad are things?  Do me & dear old Camel need to flee to Canada?" 

Vive la Republic!  Get your head round that one from someone on the Right. 

42 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

They'll do nothing, they'll achieve nothing and they are nothing. No different to the tories. 

You live in your little fantasy world. 

oh i live in the real world, i dont believe in a month that they could physically actually do anything at if they wanted, theyre still putting the apparatus of the government together.

the proofs in the pudding, see what/if they achieve in a term, not a month.

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Does that mean I can finally ignore most of your posts from now on ? - good.

(Apologies for getting personal @SheffieldForum, but...)

You could have done that in the first place if you’d really wanted to.

Anyway, to get back on topic maybe you could explain why you think it’s OK for folks in Parson Cross to live in squalor in council houses in dire need of repair, have to deal crimes on the estates and not understand why socioeconomic reasons such as these have led to the recent riots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

oh i live in the real world, i dont believe in a month that they could physically actually do anything at if they wanted, theyre still putting the apparatus of the government together.

the proofs in the pudding, see what/if they achieve in a term, not a month.

“ We have already made plans , we know what wants doing and we will hit the floor running , straightaway “  😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redruby said:

You could have done that in the first place if you’d really wanted to.

Anyway, to get back on topic maybe you could explain why you think it’s OK for folks in Parson Cross to live in squalor in council houses in dire need of repair, have to deal crimes on the estates and not understand why socioeconomic reasons such as these have led to the recent riots.

Unless I'm missing something, this is a public  forum, and I have as much right to answer posts a you do.

To actually get back on topic, can I remind you that this one started after disturbances/riots in Southport after someone wrongly interpreted Social Services action in regard to some children who were taken into care - and later returned to their family. Zero to do with Parson X or 'socioeconomics'.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Well nobody's complaining because Charlie hasn't has been a political & only mentioned 'Community'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cj35mv0m5zno

The Right-wing thing is just in your head & only you trying to troll & spark a response. 

Interesting though that Charlie has been in contact with Starmer & police chiefs.  I can hear the conversation now.   "How bad are things?  Do me & dear old Camel need to flee to Canada?" 

Vive la Republic!  Get your head round that one from someone on the Right. 

It's not just in my head. That post was inspired by BTL moaners in response to Prince Charles comments about the riots

Have a check for yourself if you don't believe me :P

UK riots: King Charles tells Prime Minister Keir Starmer he is encouraged by the way Britain's 'compassionate community spirit' has 'countered the aggression and criminality' from racist thugs who rampaged after Southport stabbings | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Unless I'm missing something, this is a public  forum, and I have as much right to answer posts a you do.

To actually get back on topic, can I remind you that this one started after disturbances/riots in Southport after someone wrongly interpreted Social Services action in regard to some children who were taken into care - and later returned to their family. Zero to do with Parson X or 'socioeconomics'.

Before someone else corrects me, I'll do it myself - I got this and another worrying incident mixed up - the Southport disturbance was as a result of the murder of the three children .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Of course you do.  But you can also ignore any posts that you find disagreeable if you wish.

Social and economic factors are certainly important factors in the causes of these riots.  You might prefer to blame a few far right thugs but it really isn’t that simple unfortunately.

I gave Parson Cross as an example of the type of place where white, working class people have been let down.  

2 minutes ago, redruby said:

Of course you do.  But you can also ignore any posts that you find disagreeable if you wish.

Social and economic factors are certainly important factors in the causes of these riots.  You might prefer to blame a few far right thugs but it really isn’t that simple unfortunately.

I gave Parson Cross as an example of the type of place where white, working class people have been let down.  

Have you even read the original post(s) in this topic??  I admit to getting the two incidents mixed  up (see above) , but in both cases , socioeconomics was not involved!! One was a multiple murder case, the other a Social Services incident.

44 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Have you even read the original post(s) in this topic??  I admit to getting the two incidents mixed  up (see above) , but in both cases , socioeconomics was not involved!! One was a multiple murder case, the other a Social Services incident.

They are some (but not all of course) of the  underlying causes for these sad incidents.