Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

5 minutes ago, redruby said:

They are some (but not all of course) of the  underlying causes for these sad incidents.

You don't give up, do you? When you can prove your claim - without mentioning PX - come back with a coherent explanation .

Edited by RollingJ

Yeah, can we stick to the topic... yes there's lots of faxctors at play for the reasons for the recent incidents. We don't need to keep derailing back to Parson Cross (which itself hasn't seen any issues in these incidents, and neither has Sheffield in general either, thankfully... so it's becoming a bit of a stretch to keep banging on about here). There's a thread for Parson Cross, if you want to discuss that issue go there, otherwise you're just now trading in whataboutery.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Yeah, can we stick to the topic... yes there's lots of faxctors at play for the reasons for the recent incidents. We don't need to keep derailing back to Parson Cross (which itself hasn't seen any issues in these incidents, and neither has Sheffield in general either, thankfully... so it's becoming a bit of a stretch to keep banging on about here). There's a thread for Parson Cross, if you want to discuss that issue go there, otherwise you're just now trading in whataboutery.

Thanks.

Parson Cross was merely an example.  However, we should not deny social and economic factors as a factor in these riots.  It is too simplistic to say tbd riots are merely the actions of some far right thugs.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I do think that with threads like this , people get very outspoken , which is normal ,in my opinion . But also I find that people can become argumentative . Seen it lots . I tend to have my opinion , then sod off somewhere else . 😆

My bold.

No they dont!!

Shut ya gob :rant:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Reight , The Daddy , don't start , , otherwise tha can buy me 2 pints & a copy of the Daily Sport 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ah the Daily Sport.

Did they ever recover the WW2  Bomber found on the moon?🤔

• Haha 2

Just now, The_DADDY said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ah the Daily Sport.

Did they ever recover the WW2  Bomber found on the moon?🤔

Yes , they did actually , they found it in your back garden . Bomb squad called , detonated , safely I hope . Damanged all your newly planted Roses 😅

• Haha 1

The large anti immigration demo and anti racism demo didn’t amount to much in Newcastle today.

There was hundreds of police in the city centre, they out numbered the ones who were demonstrating. Pubs and cafes were told by the police not to put tables and chairs outside there premises, turned out to be a waste of time, such a lovely day and the city wasn’t very busy, it affected trade. Goodness knows what the cost is for policing these demonstrations.

6 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The large anti immigration demo and anti racism demo didn’t amount to much in Newcastle today.

There was hundreds of police in the city centre, they out numbered the ones who were demonstrating. Pubs and cafes were told by the police not to put tables and chairs outside there premises, turned out to be a waste of time, such a lovely day and the city wasn’t very busy, it affected trade. Goodness knows what the cost is for policing these demonstrations.

My bold

That's seems to be the theme currently.

A lot made of these 'anti migrant demos' which this last week have amounted to almost nothing.

It's almost as though fear is being deliberately stoked for some reason. 

• Like 1