Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree in part that there are are a number of factors for the recent disturbances, but, despite the claims by a certain poster on here, you cannot deny that certain high-profile individuals have taken the opportunity to use them to their own ends.

If they were, as is claimed , due to social and economic issues, why did they kick off merely following a couple of incidents (Harehills and Southport) which were described  as being due to people of a different culture, and why were the consequent damp squibs aimed at immigration services and 'migrant' hostels?

There were 'social ' factors' used by the likes of Farage and Musk, true, but they were merely excuses for furthering their own racist agendas, and fortunately they were sussed out and countered by the vast majority of normal people of all cultures/religions/races  who merely want to get on with their lives in as much harmony as possible.

I have said several times that the far right don’t INVENT issues, they EXPLOIT them.  Big difference.  Denying problems is a significant factor in this.  Even you don’t like it and don’t want to hear it, there are a lot of ordinary people that feel that they are not listened to.  They have some genuine concerns.  They are not far right but if the far right are the only ones that seem to listen that is how they gain support.  That is how the far right gains strength.  Ignoring, squashing, shutting down things you don’t want to hear doesn’t make them go away for good.  It’s like painting over damp, you can keep trying hide it and make it look nice painting over again and again but you’re really making it worse by ignoring the underlying problem and a some point you won’t be able to keep painting over and hiding it and rot underneath will have got a whole lot worse.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redruby said:

I have said several times that the far right don’t INVENT issues, they EXPLOIT them.  Big difference.  Denying problems is a significant factor in this.  Even you don’t like it and don’t want to hear it, there are a lot of ordinary people that feel that they are not listened to.  They have some genuine concerns.  They are not far right but if the far right are the only ones that seem to listen that is how they gain support.  That is how the far right gains strength.  Ignoring, squashing, shutting down things you don’t want to hear doesn’t make them go away for good.  It’s like painting over damp, you can keep trying hide it and make it look nice painting over again and again but you’re really making it worse by ignoring the underlying problem and a some point you won’t be able to keep painting over and hiding it and rot underneath will have got a whole lot worse.

A pretty good analysis.

Marlene Guest, was the first person to flag up the Rotherham grooming scandal, but no one was prepared to listen to her until she approached the BNP.

2 minutes ago, redruby said:

I agree - both the 'left' and the 'right' don't invent issues - they exploit them.

However, as has been proved over the past week or so, most people can see through this froth, and just carry on being normal people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uggy said:

A pretty good analysis.

Marlene Guest, was the first person to flag up the Rotherham grooming scandal, but no one was prepared to listen to her until she approached the BNP.

A racist, totally unrepresentative 'organisation'. Who the hell is Marlene Guest?

4 minutes ago, Uggy said:

I'm not sure there is much relevance here, other than the possible deprivation.

https://www.gbnews.com/politics/uk-protests-voting-patterns-communities-linked

Yes, and if people are sceptical because this is in GB News, I also saw this mentioned in the Guardian.  None of the riots were in well off areas and believe they were 7 or the 10 most deprived areas of England.

Just now, redruby said:

Yes, and if people are sceptical because this is in GB News, I also saw this mentioned in the Guardian.  None of the riots were in well off areas and believe they were 7 or the 10 most deprived areas of England.

GB News and the Guardian? What a strange combination.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree - both the 'left' and the 'right' don't invent issues - they exploit them.

However, as has been proved over the past week or so, most people can see through this froth, and just carry on being normal people.

And a lot of people also feel like they have to keep their mouth shut and be careful what they say.  Like it or not that is the truth.  And they are most often not racist, they simply have genuine concerns.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redruby said:

And a lot of people also feel like they have to keep their mouth shut and be careful what they say.  Like it or not that is the truth.  And they are most often not racist, they simply have genuine concerns.  

I can relate to a bit of that - you do have to watch what you say, or how you say it, otherwise you risk making a fool of yourself. Which is why, even when I post on here, I type it out, then proof read, so I don't come across like a prat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

A racist, totally unrepresentative 'organisation'. Who the hell is Marlene Guest?

Originally a lib Dem in rotherham she joined the bnp because they were the only ones that would listen, not unsurprisingly perhaps. I've never been able to get my head around why it took a London newspaper the Times to break the story nationally, what did the Star and Advertiser know?