Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

31 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The apologists for far-right violence seem intent on inventing history to explain and justify the moronic attacks on people, property and police in and around Rotherham.

Given the last several pages of this thread, it looks like they'd rather talk about anything but the happenings in Rotherham. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Given the last several pages of this thread, it looks like they'd rather talk about anything but the happenings in Rotherham. 🙄

Given that the topic was not about Rotherham...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Given that the topic was not about Rotherham...

Pretty sure the post I responded to explicitely mentioned Rotherham, that (as per the thread title) riots did happen there, and Rotherham is part of the UK.

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

Pretty sure the post I responded to explicitely mentioned Rotherham, that (as per the thread title) riots did happen there, and Rotherham is part of the UK.

That post did mention Rotherham, yes it is part of the UK, yes, minor skirmishes did occur there, but this topic is more concerned with the issues in Southport and Harehills (Leeds), and the hijacking of those issues by certain groups/individuals for their own divisive purposes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

That post did mention Rotherham, yes it is part of the UK, yes, minor skirmishes did occur there, but this topic is more concerned with the issues in Southport and Harehills (Leeds), and the hijacking of those issues by certain groups/individuals for their own divisive purposes

Bit of a stretch there I think, given the thread title. 🙄

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

Bit of a stretch there I think, given the thread title. 🙄

You may think that, for some reason, but if you want to discuss the Rotherham grooming issue, I understand there is a long thread about it in the archives.

• Confused 1

Just now, RollingJ said:

You may think that, for some reason, but if you want to discuss the Rotherham grooming issue, I understand there is a long thread about it in the archives.

Who's talking about the Rotherham grooming here, other than you above? 🙄

The post I responded to from Annie certainly wasn't, and my reply to you made it quite clear what subject (the riots) I was refering to.

2 hours ago, Uggy said:

A pretty good analysis.

Marlene Guest, was the first person to flag up the Rotherham grooming scandal, but no one was prepared to listen to her until she approached the BNP.

I mentioned Rotherham in response to a post about the "far right" not inventing problems but exploiting them, I thought, perhaps I was wrong, that my mentioning of Rotherham illustrated Red Ruby's point.