Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

15 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

To be fair , I don't know much about him , but I have heard , he has no time for this crap about multi gender ,etc 

I don't "do" Twitter but I do remember a time when people didn't tolerate what was termed 'homosexuals' and were discriminated against. Times moved on thankfully.... and yes I'm maybe struggling a bit to understand multi gender but keeping an open mind

• Like 1

On 10/08/2024 at 16:48, redruby said:

You could have done that in the first place if you’d really wanted to.

Anyway, to get back on topic maybe you could explain why you think it’s OK for folks in Parson Cross to live in squalor in council houses in dire need of repair, have to deal crimes on the estates and not understand why socioeconomic reasons such as these have led to the recent riots.

There are problems on Batemoor as well as Parsons X.  Too many people sick of council waiting lists for repairs.  It’s no wonder some give up.  Druggies being housed next to families. 

18 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I don't "do" Twitter but I do remember a time when people didn't tolerate what was termed 'homosexuals' and were discriminated against. Times moved on thankfully.... and yes I'm maybe struggling a bit to understand multi gender but keeping an open mind

Oh , I remember when gays were discriminated against & I am glad that has moved on , but I just get a glazed look in my eyes , when I hear people going on about the other stuff I am afraid Draggle . But Hey HO , live & let live . I just avoid people who go on about it . 

32 minutes ago, pfifes said:

There are problems on Batemoor as well as Parsons X.  Too many people sick of council waiting lists for repairs.  It’s no wonder some give up.  Druggies being housed next to families. 

They have problems you know , that’s what the housing officers say .

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Yes - they are disorganised/incompetent.

I mean the poor unfortunates who get priority over hard working people who need social housing . Work and you are discriminated against 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I mean the poor unfortunates who get priority over hard working people who need social housing . Work and you are discriminated against 

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant Housing admit they had the 'problems' I quoted above - my mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

As I have said before, I have had no trouble with repairs, but we should not base our views on personal experience. I do know a few people who had issues with damp due to the rendering/plastering.

The houses that I notice are the drug users with boarded-up windows. The council won't fix them, because the tenant is responsible.

I have recently had experience of a tenant who hasn't really lived in the house for many months, but didn't care because housing benefits paid her rent. I have my suspicions about that being common, when they hitch up with someone else.

This coming week should be popcorn week, last week it was the lesser charge of violent affray, this week I hear the sentences will be the big boys charge of rioting, 10 years or so, reckon most will get 7 or 8 at a guess