Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

30 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Because even someone with mental health issues knows that murder is the ultimate crime.

Even when someone is experiencing psychosis at the time?

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Always an excuse.

Stop being daft.

It's just a matter of historical record that some people who have murdered were judged to have done so on the grounds of diminished responsibility; others have been found to have been in full possession of their mind when they murdered and have been sentenced as such.

Now what's your excuse for not knowing that?

Edited by Mister M

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Even when someone is experiencing psychosis at the time?

Psychosis. A condition of the mind or psyche that results in difficulties determining what is real and what is not real.

What is real and what is not real.
Not what is wrong and what is not wrong.

41 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Psychobabble doesn’t work for me when it comes to murder.

Why do you think it's "psychobabble" instead of a real thing? I've known quite a lot of people with psychosis, don't have time to give examples now but have a read of this and let me know what you think. Do you think this person is making all this up?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Why do you think it's "psychobabble" instead of a real thing? I've known quite a lot of people with psychosis, don't have time to give examples now but have a read of this and let me know what you think. Do you think this person is making all this up?

I never said it wasn’t a real thing.
The woman in the article is a very troubled person and I don’t think for a minute she was making any of it up. But she didn’t kill anyone, and if she were to have an urge to do so she seems to me a good enough person to resist it.

All I’m saying is that a person has to be bad in the first place to kill when they go mad. Sorry about the non-pc language.

21 minutes ago, prince al said:

I’m not medically trained but I would hazard a guess that that I have met and seen many people with mental health issues. 

Yup. You probably have. It's more widespread than most realise I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1