Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

17 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Anger and emotion makes people say /do  stupid things but having said that , I don't disagree with you .

What irritates me a bit is she gets prison yet all those pro hamas calling for the eradication of Jews seem to go unpunished. 

From the river to the sea means only one thing so why aren't those chanting it get prison time?

18 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Apparently a woman who's lost a child and then sees news of three little girls killed by an apparent immigrant . Not defending her but if this is true you , can see her anger . 

The wife of a Conservative councillor who used social media to stir up racial hatred against asylum seekers on the day of the Southport attacks told a WhatsApp user she would “play the mental health card” if she was arrested.

This adds a further dimension to the case I think.

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It was taken into account during sentencing, which is why I provided a link to the judge's sentencing remarks.
Perhaps those calling for a community sentence didn't read that even her own counsel agreed that she intended to incite serious violence. (12)

9. The police were however able to trace other tweets that you had sent both before and after the 29th July which included further racist remarks.

On the 5th August, the day before you were arrested you sent a WhatsApp message which included “..raging tweet about burning down hotels has bit me on the arse lol “ which is commonly understood to mean laugh out loud.
10. You also messaged that if enquiries of you were made, you would deny you were responsible for the message and if you were arrested you would “ play the mental health card “.
11. I have to apply the Sentencing Council Guidelines for this offence.
12. In relation to your culpability this is clearly a category A case – as both prosecution and your counsel agree, because you intended to incite serious violence. 
13. In relation to harm it is again agreed, correctly, that what you did encouraged activity which threatened or endangered life and therefore falls within category 1.

There is also further relevant factor in relation to harm in that you sought, and achieved, widespread dissemination of your statement by posting it on social media.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, peak4 said:

It was taken into account during sentencing, which is why I provided a link to the judge's sentencing remarks.
Perhaps those calling for a community sentence didn't read that even her own counsel agreed that she intended to incite serious violence. (12)

9. The police were however able to trace other tweets that you had sent both before and after the 29th July which included further racist remarks.

On the 5th August, the day before you were arrested you sent a WhatsApp message which included “..raging tweet about burning down hotels has bit me on the arse lol “ which is commonly understood to mean laugh out loud.
10. You also messaged that if enquiries of you were made, you would deny you were responsible for the message and if you were arrested you would “ play the mental health card “.
12. In relation to your culpability this is clearly a category A case – as both prosecution and your counsel agree, because you intended to incite serious violence. 
13. In relation to harm it is again agreed, correctly, that what you did encouraged activity which threatened or endangered life and therefore falls within category 1.

There is also further relevant factor in relation to harm in that you sought, and achieved, widespread dissemination of your statement by posting it on social media.

Aah beg your pardon Peak, it didn't register that the judge had taken this into account.....perhaps that's reflected in the harsh sentencing?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Which IMO proves that some people are clearly too stupid to be in command of a Facebook or Twitter account IMO.

1 hour ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Which IMO proves that some people are clearly too stupid to be in command of a Facebook or Twitter account IMO.

Hmmmm. They remind me of the type who keep getting banned from fora too. 

Some people eh 🤣

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

What irritates me a bit is she gets prison yet all those pro hamas calling for the eradication of Jews seem to go unpunished. 

From the river to the sea means only one thing so why aren't those chanting it get prison time?

Because it doesn't just mean one thing. If it did, they would be in prison. 

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

Because it doesn't just mean one thing. If it did, they would be in prison. 

What else can it mean apart from the eradication of the Jews from the river to the sea?

Whilst we are here, what sentence do you reckon Ricky Jones should get? Similar? More time? Less time? 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

What else can it mean apart from the eradication of the Jews from the river to the sea?

It can obviously mean that Palestinians could / should be free between the Mediterranean and the Jordan river, i.e the areas where Palestinians have lived for a very long time. It does not necessarily imply that Jews should not also be free in the same region. Plenty of people believe in the freedoms of Jewish Israelis, Arab Israelis and people in the occupied territories. It's not always an either/or, despite the voices of the people who think it is often seeming more prominent.

Just now, Delbow said:

It can obviously mean that Palestinians could / should be free between the Mediterranean and the Jordan river, i.e the areas where Palestinians have lived for a very long time. It does not necessarily imply that Jews should not also be free in the same region. Plenty of people believe in the freedoms of Jewish Israelis, Arab Israelis and people in the occupied territories. It's not always an either/or, despite the voices of the people who think it is often seeming more prominent.

That's fair enough. I hope you are right tbh.