Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

7 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Please don't have anyone jumping to conclusions that this is all locals.
At least one fake name was been circulated yesterday, and later promoted by various bad actors for personal/political/religious reasons.
This has been amplified by various extremist groups; some of it I've followed, so if I'm aware then the police, local and national, as well as security service(s) will be aware too.
It's not as if the local police and people of Southport don't have enough on their plate at the moment.
Out of respect, I'll refrain from posting anything on this thread.

Our posts in the other thread crossed over — I’ve merged this post into this thread for you. 👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Just as importantly, why are they surrounding a Mosque.

Deliberate misinformation circulated,  claiming that the perpetrator had what looked like an Arabic name, was on an MI6 (sic) terror watch list and known to Merseyside mental health services. [ It would more likely be MI5 even if it had been true]
Further to that, it was additionally claimed that the guy was 24, and the police have falsely said 17 to cover up his identity. 
There's a lot more to it I suspect, but it does seem orchestrated; various groups have been calling for some sort of action today.

Lots on Twitter, and I presume other social media I don't use, as well as various other methods such as WhatsApp etc.
This is why the police chief yesterday stressed that the arrested suspect came from Cardiff; she said that verbally, but confirmed in writing, was born in Cardiff.
She was roundly condemned for pointing it out as disingenuous, or lying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Do they think this is what the families of the children - died and injured - want? For god's sake.

I would suggest that is very low on their list of priorities.
This is an example, pointing out what was being amplified, but from what I saw yesterday, I don't think "Channel3NowNews" was the originator, as alluded to part way down this Twitter thread.

1 minute ago, peak4 said:

Deliberate misinformation circulated,  claiming that the perpetrator had what looked like an Arabic name, was on an MI6 (sic) terror watch list and known to Merseyside mental health services. [ It would more likely be MI5 even if it had been true]
Further to that, it was additionally claimed that the guy was 24, and the police have falsely said 17 to cover up his identity. 
There's a lot more to it I suspect, but it does seem orchestrated; various groups have been calling for some sort of action today.

Lots on Twitter, and I presume other social media I don't use, as well as various other methods such as WhatsApp etc.
This is why the police chief yesterday stressed that the arrested suspect came from Cardiff; she said that verbally, but confirmed in writing, was born in Cardiff.
She was roundly condemned for pointing it out as disingenuous, or lying.

All of that sounds exactly like what Top4719 would say. These people are a disease.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is just crazy.

I'm no fan of the police but for pitty sake these police are possibly the same people who had to deal with the carnage and death only a day before. This is not right. 

• Like 5

Obviously I don't know the truth of this next tweet, but I came across Bernadette Spofforth mentioning stuff yesterday, though I didn't screenshot it myself, as well as the post by Eddie Murray. I'm not linking to her account here; I suspect the author of this next article has deliberately misspelled the account name for the same reasons as me, but you can find it easily enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

All of that sounds exactly like what Top4719 would say. These people are a disease.

If you're going to make a statement like that I think it's only fair you Tag Tops in then at least he has chance to reply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1