Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Hmm, 'machete mobs abound'. Sounds scary, right? But what does it actually mean, and how likely is it that you or I are going to fall victim to a 'machete mob'. It's important not to let anxiety get out of control. 

Soldiers (plural) being stabbed? One soldier was stabbed in a highly unusual incident, likely mental health related. If Southport also turns out to be mental health related, then it will be completely obvious that by investing in mental health services we will be making the general public safer. Plus it would support people off benefits into work if they have better mental health support. Having a far right, anti-immigrant government doesn't mean you get investment in mental health services. 

As for complaining about police being attacked, well...

Doesn’t Lee Rigby count as a soldier now he’s dead?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

I'm not condoning anyone committing crime, but unfortunately this is what you get when you ignore the wishes of the people for the best part of 25 years. Mass immigration, a complete failure to integrate the people who are arriving, and crime being allowed to spiral out of control with pathetic sentences handed out. Politicians have had their heads in the sand for too long and people have had enough.

How do you propose to integrate the people who arrive with the people who were chucking bricks and setting their streets alight?  I'd be very interested to know....

Just now, Mister M said:

How do you propose to integrate the people who arrive with the people who were chucking bricks and setting their streets alight?  I'd be very interested to know....

The people lobbing bricks are about 0.0005% of the population.

Just now, Vrsaljko said:

The people lobbing bricks are about 0.0005% of the population.

But you said "this is what happens when you ignore the wishes of the people on immigration".

The vast majority of people weren't rioting and most likely hate to see thuggishness dressed up as protest. 

Like everyone else there's lots of things I don't agree with in this country, do I riot, cause damage and terrorise others? No.

These feral scroats are not making a political point, their cynically using a tragedy to smear their ****, and watch as others clean up after them. They're scum.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Doesn’t Lee Rigby count as a soldier now he’s dead?

Yes, but trying to link two incidents 11 years apart to make out it's some kind of trend is really stretching a point. Islamist terrorism is still a threat but clearly not to the extent it was 10 or 20 years ago - do you think Tice would want to admit that? Because he seems very keen to exaggerate things to make them sound worse than they are.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I support their right to protest don't you?

Is that the same opinion when Just Stop Oil do a protest?

In such a protest, I would be thinking about stopping people from burning buses or I would be heading home.

Just now, El Cid said:

Is that the same opinion when Just Stop Oil do a protest?

Snipped 

Yes. I don't support their methods (blocking traffic, gluing themselves to stuff, damaging artworks, disrupting sporting events etc) but i support their right to protest.

Just like I don't support burning buildings, smashing up cars, burning busses, attacking the police etc 

• Thanks 2