Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes. I don't support their methods (blocking traffic, gluing themselves to stuff, damaging artworks, disrupting sporting events etc) but i support their right to protest.

Just like I don't support burning buildings, smashing up cars, burning busses, attacking the police etc 

Everyone has the right to protest.  "Peacefully"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

But you said "this is what happens when you ignore the wishes of the people on immigration".

The vast majority of people weren't rioting and most likely hate to see thuggishness dressed up as protest. 

Like everyone else there's lots of things I don't agree with in this country, do I riot, cause damage and terrorise others? No.

These feral scroats are not making a political point, their cynically using a tragedy to smear their ****, and watch as others clean up after them. They're scum.

Yes, but the majority of people aren't out causing mayhem are they. My point is that it's got to a point where everyone is completely p*ssed off with how things are going, and as a result of that there will always be a handful of people who go too far which I don't condone.

It's the same with anything. If you suppress/ignore something for too long then it's going to boil over.

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Unless that survey asked everyone in the country then that's 52% of people who were asked? 

Sure, you know how surveys work. The sample size has to be big enough and varied enough to be useful / valid. There are always some limitations on accuracy. This is from the University of Oxford, one of the foremost research universities in the world.

Just now, Delbow said:

Sure, you know how surveys work. The sample size has to be big enough and varied enough to be useful / valid. There are always some limitations on accuracy. This is from the University of Oxford, one of the foremost research universities in the world.

Thanks 👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

Yes, but the majority of people aren't out causing mayhem are they. My point is that it's got to a point where everyone is completely p*ssed off with how things are going, and as a result of that there will always be a handful of people who go too far which I don't condone.

It's the same with anything. If you suppress/ignore something for too long then it's going to boil over.

I'm aware that the "majority of people aren't causing mayhem" - I said that in my post you're responding to.

I think you're conflating legitimate political protest with thuggery.

There's lots of issues which people feel have been ignored for years, but they don't riot and cause mayhem. If people have got a point to make then there is a peaceful way to make their point heard.

How the hell is descending on a town where an unspeakable tragedy took place, and smashing it up, causing the mother of one of the victims to tell people committing violence "stop" any kind of protest? It's just a an excuse for mindless thuggery, and needs calling out - not excusing or justifying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Unless that survey asked everyone in the country then that's 52% of people who were asked? 

Not to mention that lots of people don't like to give their honest opinion in polls if their answer could be seen as not being politically correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1