Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

2 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

Not to mention that lots of people don't like to give their honest opinion in polls if their answer could be seen as not being politically correct.

*citation needed

10 minutes ago, Delbow said:

*citation needed

Sure, here you go:

"The final polls ahead of Britain’s historic referendum decision have pointed to a Remain victory, amid reports of high turnout across the country.

An online Populus poll, the last conducted before voting began, gave Remain a 10-point lead, 55 to 45"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-brexit-remain-vote-leave-live-latest-who-will-win-results-populus-a7097261.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

It's the same with anything. If you suppress/ignore something for too long then it's going to boil over.

It's worse than that, the Tories promised less than 100,000 net immigration and failed, then along comes Boris Johnson and he hyped up immigration and promised, but failed, to send them to Rwanda.

The 475,000 net immigration got confused with the 40,000 boat people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vrsaljko said:

Sure, here you go:

"The final polls ahead of Britain’s historic referendum decision have pointed to a Remain victory, amid reports of high turnout across the country.

An online Populus poll, the last conducted before voting began, gave Remain a 10-point lead, 55 to 45"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-brexit-remain-vote-leave-live-latest-who-will-win-results-populus-a7097261.html

That's your evidence that 'lots of people don't like to give their honest opinion in polls if their answer could be seen as not being politically correct'?

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

That's your evidence that 'lots of people don't like to give their honest opinion in polls if their answer could be seen as not being politically correct'?

Well what would be an acceptable amount of evidence for me to provide you with? Open your eyes pal. Brexit wasn't going to happen, Trump wasn't going to win in 2016, the Tories weren't going to get a landslide victory in 2019. It's well proven that opinion polls aren't reliable and need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Edited by Vrsaljko
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

Yes, but the majority of people aren't out causing mayhem are they. My point is that it's got to a point where everyone is completely p*ssed off with how things are going, and as a result of that there will always be a handful of people who go too far which I don't condone.

It's the same with anything. If you suppress/ignore something for too long then it's going to boil over.

image.png.c6ed47c5191a5b55745e5fc23e904079.png

I'm ashamed and embarrassed to come from Sunderland after far-right riots blighted my city - David Huntley - Chronicle Live

10 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

Well what would be an acceptable amount of evidence for me to provide you with? Open your eyes pal. Brexit wasn't going to happen, Trump wasn't going to win in 2016, the Tories weren't going to get a landslide victory in 2019. It's well proven that opinion polls aren't reliable and need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Yeah we all know there's a margin of error on polls and surveys. You just haven't given any evidence that that's due to people not wanting to give opinions that aren't 'politically correct', and you haven't explained why the research I linked to is so far from your claim that 'the vast majority' or 'everyone' agrees with you. The people you hang about with probably do generally agree with you, but that's the same for all of us.