Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

12 minutes ago, cressida said:

Why would Islamists want to be in a Christian church?

Please don't confuse Islam with Islamists; in the UK, Mosques, Christian churches, and other religious institutions often work together in harmony.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uggy said:

Bring back education, please.

Education is the key to solving many problems.

It's becoming a real issue that many seek their education via some dubious internet sources, rather than more conventional or trusted outlets.
I'm sure it's not helped that much of our press is controlled/owned by offshore interests.
How do you educate folk who go round trashing libraries, and then attack the fire service when they come to deal with the flames?
Severe damage to community hub and other properties following violent disorder on Country Road (Obvious Typo, should say County Road, where I was often taken shopping as a kid)

The group gathered at around 8pm and from the start were intent on committing serious violence and disorder, which resulted in community facilities being set on fire.
The Spellow Lane Library Hub, which was opened last year to provide a much needed on stop shop for one of the most deprived communities in the country, has suffered severe damage to the ground floor. When firefighters arrived those gathered tried to stop them, without success, from getting to the fire to put it out. They even threw a missile at the fire engine and broke the rear window of the cab.

Also set on fire was a local convenience store which provides a vital service for the community, earlier a number of people had entered the shop en masse and stolen a number of items including the till. Other shops were broken into and a number of wheelie bins and industrial bins were set on fire.

Clearly these were likely just rioters and thieves, with no sense of patriotism, or concern for local communities.
Maybe the British way is to sit down quietly with a nice cup of tea and engage with others in an educational setting.
Many religious institutions have open days where all are welcome, Churches, Mosques, Gurdwaras etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, peak4 said:

The Spellow Lane Library Hub, which was opened last year to provide a much needed on stop shop for one of the most deprived communities in the country, 

Says it all really..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You might want to avoid

Holiday Inn 

Express Park

Manvers way.

It seems to be turning rather ugly.

I wonder if this is what the fella who organised it wanted?  Seems they have set the hotel on fire.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I wonder if this is what the fella who organised it wanted?  Seems they have set the hotel on fire.

Absoloute morons mate. And you're probably right which I why I'm not sharing the link. 

• Like 2

It seems the majority are peacefully protesting unfortunately the brain dead element is there too.

Peaceful protesters need to call out the thugs because otherwise EVERYONE will be lumped in together with the far right label. 

• Like 2