Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Just now, Top4719 said:

There isn't a case yet whats the point, lets leave him anonymous then, you obviously think he deserves it.

No - just the law of the land.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/youth-crime

"The identity of a child aged between 10 and 17 charged with a crime will not be disclosed outside the court. 

Those permitted inside the court include the usual participants in cases heard in court; ranging from officers of the court, to the parties, parents and guardians, and bona fide members of the press. 

Reporting restrictions include not revealing the name, home address or school of any young person concerned in the proceedings, or particulars – including photographs - which may make identifying them likely.

They will remain anonymous throughout proceedings but these restrictions can be challenged – usually by the media – after proceedings have ended."

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Read  it - which part says the identity of an under 18 year old can be released except by order of the court?

I'm sure I read early on in the thread that someone posted the killer was a 20 year old black guy,  could be the police said it was a 17year old to avoid reprisals :sad:

The last lot of water cannons which Boris bought when he was the mayor of London was sold as scrap, I don’t think they were ever used.  I do think the police could do with a few water cannons this day and age, the only thing the police seem to have to protect themselves against rioters is body armour and riot shields to push protesters back.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1