Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Water cannons wouldn't have stopped the violence on the streets in Southport yesterday because they would only be on standby in big cities like London, Leeds and Manchester. 

As well as those committing the violence the loud mouth who heckled the prime minister while laying a wreath should face prosecution for a breach of the peace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mateo said:

Water cannons wouldn't have stopped the violence on the streets in Southport yesterday because they would only be on standby in big cities like London, Leeds and Manchester. 

As well as those committing the violence the loud mouth who heckled the prime minister while laying a wreath should face prosecution for a breach of the peace.

It wasn't pleasant,  'Dammed if he does dammed if he didn't.

There was something being discussed about the 17-year-old that he was being watched by the police, he was born in this country but his parents were asylum seekers from Rwanda, it hasn’t been confirmed if this is true.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I wonder why the police didn't retreat like they at the Leeds riot?

Didn't a chief of Police say it's a tactic they use to quell disturbances?

How about the former being spontaneous and attended initially be a few local response officers, whereas this shambles in Southport was known about in advance, so suitable preparations were made.

16 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

There was something being discussed about the 17-year-old that he was being watched by the police, he was born in this country but his parents were asylum seekers from Rwanda, it hasn’t been confirmed if this is true.

From what I've heard they were legal migrants, and a neighbour interviewed by the news said they were lovely people.

I don't see how their migrant status has anything to do with it personally.

13 minutes ago, peak4 said:

How about the former being spontaneous and attended initially be a few local response officers, whereas this shambles in Southport was known about in advance, so suitable preparations were made.

What difference does that make?

Why withdraw in one riot but not the other if it's apparently a good tactic?

27 minutes ago, geared said:

From what I've heard they were legal migrants, and a neighbour interviewed by the news said they were lovely people.

Just repeating  what I heard on tv.  Your right they were legal migrants.  IF CORRECT  and the murderer was being watched by the police what was it for?  

29 minutes ago, geared said:

Well it doesn't, obviously. When people born abroad commit crimes in the UK, the far right say 'we should stop people coming to the UK because that will reduce crime'. But applying the same logic to people born in the UK would lead to calls to stop people being born in the UK, at which point the faults in the underlying logic become clear. While reducing immigration would reduce overall crime because there would be fewer people in the UK, it doesn't necessarily follow that it would reduce the number of crimes per person in the population.