Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Musk isn't alone in his opinion. 

It seems to be a feeling that's growing for some. 

Because someone like Musk has used his wealth to buy one of the biggest media platforms in the world, which allows him to influence opinion! People need to stop seeing him as some kind of outsider - Twitter / X is part of the mainstream media. And there is zero prospect of civil war in the UK. You could do yourself a lot of good by pulling your head out of all this manipulative dross that the internet feeds you.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Because someone like Musk has used his wealth to buy one of the biggest media platforms in the world, which allows him to influence opinion! People need to stop seeing him as some kind of outsider - Twitter / X is part of the mainstream media. And there is zero prospect of civil war in the UK. You could do yourself a lot of good by pulling your head out of all this manipulative dross that the internet feeds you.

My bold 

You see, that was an otherwise reasonable post until the bold bit.

If you think all the people who feel civil war is a prospect only feel this because of Elon Musk then it's you who needs to take your own advice. 

Personally I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of a civil war but don't let that get in the way of your cute little rant. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold 

You see, that was an otherwise reasonable post until the bold bit.

If you think all the people who feel civil war is a prospect only feel this because of Elon Musk then it's you who needs to take your own advice. 

Personally I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of a civil war but don't let that get in the way of your cute little rant. 

I don't think it's solely because of Musk - it's obviously a lot of people. But when he bought Twitter, he allowed people to post more or less whatever they want, so people are using his platform to spread lies and it has real impacts. The riot in Southport kicked off because of disinformation spread on his platform - we might not have had any of these riots if it wasn't for that. And he doesn't care, because if he did he would ban people who deliberately spread lies, which he chooses not to do. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I don't think it's solely because of Musk - it's obviously a lot of people. But when he bought Twitter, he allowed people to post more or less whatever they want, so people are using his platform to spread lies and it has real impacts. The riot in Southport kicked off because of disinformation spread on his platform - we might not have had any of these riots if it wasn't for that. And he doesn't care, because if he did he would ban people who deliberately spread lies, which he chooses not to do. 

Thats the thing with free speech. 

Either everyone has it or no one does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strange that certain factions didn't complain about Twitter when it was a left leaning platform, even the former owner Jack Dorsey admitted it was biased towards the left.

Odd eh?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Strange that certain factions didn't complain about Twitter when it was a left leaning platform, even the former owner Jack Dorsey admitted it was biased towards the left.

Odd eh?

Very odd mate.

Its pretty clear they hate Musk because they don't control him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Very odd mate.

Its pretty clear they hate Musk because they don't control him.

Many will hate him because he is rich and incredibly successful.

The bloke is definitely an eccentric but is obviously extremely smart and employs  thousands.

• Like 1