Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I've seen that one. Absolutely shocking isn't it. I genuinely hope that man is ok.

No excuse for kicking the man when he was down - don't know what he may have said that could have provoked the original incident.

Pub not torched, no windows smashed, not looted ie not an attack on a pub.

Just now, Baz1 said:

Madness- they don't help the current situation at all.

Violence doesn't solve anything- this will just ignite further tension. 

It will. My thoughts are unless the peaceful people on Both sides control their morons, shop them to police if needs be then the morons will be directing which way this all goes and I think everyone knows where that could lead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of the defences offered by the racist rioters in court so far, a common one seems to be 'I'd been drinking heavily throughout the day'.

A couple of points:

Their lives can't be that deprived and awful if they can afford to sit in the pub drinking all day

Maybe the Quakers had a point 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No excuse for kicking the man when he was down - don't know what he may have said that could have provoked the original incident.

Pub not torched, no windows smashed, not looted ie not an attack on a pub.

My bold 

He might have said nothing. On the other hand he might have said something. As I said last night, sticks and stones.

There's absolutely no justification for these savages to beat someone to a pulp because of 'hurty words".

They need to grow the hell up and ignore it.

That's if anything was said by the man.

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

<snipped>

That's if anything was said by the man.

Like I said, we don't know. He was certainly gesturing. Could have been a vile racist insult that the guy who hit him took offence to. No excuse for kicking the bloke when he was down.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Like I said, we don't know. He was certainly gesturing. Could have been a vile racist insult that the guy who hit him took offence to. No excuse for kicking the bloke when he was down.

No excuse for laying a single finger on him either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Musk - in America, don't forget - clearly likes spreading fear and apprehension. I wonder why?

I hate to say this, but it is about time this, and similar platforms, were forced to behave, or risk being closed down.

3 hours ago, peak4 said:

Fully appreciate that, hence some of my comments.
The notable thing for me, which some folk might not have picked up, is that by replying to these deliberately divisive accounts, he's intentionally amplifying them; it doesn't matter that he's mentioned civil war, any comment would do the trick, "civil war" just provides even more publicity as we have seen today.
A more responsible site owner might consider restricting them, but he's chosen to raise their prominence.
I still wonder if it's about monetarisation, or something far more dangerous.

I hate quoting myself, but a bit of further analysis from the same author, more or less confirming what I was suggesting above.
By replying to a tweet, Musk gives it a huge boost
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1820553801851707746.html

image.png.1cdf7e3ddadca210ecb6a3feaf1edcfb.png

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No excuse for laying a single finger on him either.

So we're allowed to insult people to their face without fear of retribution?  This often results in a punch up - most common cause in pubs fights in my experience. Less common these days but seen it happen - even between two neighbours who used to drink together every night.

• Like 1

Just now, Longcol said:

So we're allowed to insult people to their face without fear of retribution?  This often results in a punch up - most common cause in pubs fights in my experience. Less common these days but seen it happen - even between two neighbours who used to drink together every night.

My bold

That weren't really a punchup though was it.

• Thanks 1