Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

Hi Cuttsie

I trust you are well.

How nice to see some common sense, Stop the boats, stop the problem.

Democracy.  A government of  the people,

By the people,

For the people

If the government dont listen to the people the are no bloody good to us.

KInd Regards,

Bri.

6 minutes ago, Brian Hardy said:

Hi Cuttsie

I trust you are well.

How nice to see some common sense, Stop the boats, stop the problem.

Democracy.  A government of  the people,

By the people,

For the people

If the government dont listen to the people the are no bloody good to us.

KInd Regards,

Bri.

And you Brian. Our old workshop is now a desirable house on the Neepsend Lane .we should have held on .been millionaires now 

26 minutes ago, geared said:

Seriously?  You don't know what a Gingerbread man is?

I know it's a man-shaped biscuit,  never appealed to me though I suppose I could dunk it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

I know it's a man-shaped biscuit,  never appealed to me though I suppose I could dunk it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of dunking Cressida. 

Keir Starmer says facial recognition tech is the answer to far-right riots

https://www.theregister.com/2024/08/05/keir_starmer_facial_recognition/?td=rt-3a

Sure it is.... 

23afe83005312657b229cfca43a43160

On a more serious note, the comments section is well worth a read for reasoned comment.  I particularly liked this one:

Starmer just made a statement that he'll be handing out participation awards.

Anyone 'taking part' in protests will be arrested, charged, held on remand, and convicted of.. something. This, of course is the same Starmer that just released a load of prisoners because the prisons were full. This is an interesting comment-

https://thecritic.co.uk/boiling-the-british-frog/

On July 11th, the new Labour government announced that 5,000 prisoners would be released early, in order to ease prison overcrowding. On July 15th, reports emerged that London’s once-great Metropolitan Police had failed to solve a single burglary, phone theft, or car theft in 166 London neighbourhoods over the past three years.

On July 17th, a Jordanian refugee who attacked a female police officer in Bournemouth was spared community service on the grounds that he could not speak English — and on July 18th, two asylum seekers from Egypt who stole a watch worth £25,000 in London’s West End were spared jail.

But such is the wicked problem that Labour (or any UK government) has to try and solve. Jailing protestors probably isn't going to help, and could just make the situation worse.

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

https://www.theregister.com/2024/08/05/keir_starmer_facial_recognition/?td=rt-3a

Sure it is.... 

With the amount of CCTV, police and witness video they have, I wonder if they'll catch some of these balaclava wearing lads before they put the face covering on or after they took it off.

Riots, fights with the police, smashes and loots shops, takes the bally off for the bus ride home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Sure it is.... 

On a more serious note, the comments section is well worth a read for reasoned comment.  I particularly liked this one:

@alchresearch - politicians of all parties make ridiculous statements, but that is a classic, combined with the comments section comments.

17 minutes ago, geared said:

With the amount of CCTV, police and witness video they have, I wonder if they'll catch some of these balaclava wearing lads before they put the face covering on or after they took it off.

Riots, fights with the police, smashes and loots shops, takes the bally off for the bus ride home.

The balaclava is a fashion statement for some youngsters nowadays.