Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

So much for the 'they're so deprived, they're desperate people' narrative around the rioters and Reform voters - this one has been in court for his part in Rotherham on the weekend, but this article from a few months ago has him talking about how he couldn't get to work because of a police cordon involving some neighbours with firearms. The 69 year old from Liverpool is a welder.

Plus, they seem to be able to afford to spend all day in the pub.

Edited by Delbow
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Bloody hell, that's awful.

I can well remember the case at the time.
The two assailants has already tried to attack another guy just beforehand, again for no other reason than his Asian appearance.
I'll not post any links up here, but the news reports are easy to find

39 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

My Pal comes from a Muslim / Catholic family and him and his siblings have chosen their own paths.

For example he has owned pubs he drinks and smokes and does not follow any particular religion.

His brother is a Muslim who has moved to Saudi Arabia to teach and has two wives and 10 children.

His father was beaten to death on his way to the Mosque in Rotherham a few years ago it was actually mentioned on the news yesterday.

The animals that did this weren't far right Nazi activists they were just vile people.

That's horrendous.

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

So much for the 'they're so deprived, they're desperate people' narrative around the rioters and Reform voters - this one has been in court for his part in Rotherham on the weekend, but this article from a few months ago has him talking about how he couldn't get to work because of a police cordon involving some neighbours with firearms. The 69 year old from Liverpool is a welder.

Plus, they seem to be able to afford to spend all day in the pub.

I would give him 5 years just for wearing that vest.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I can well remember the case at the time.
The two assailants has already tried to attack another guy just beforehand, again for no other reason than his Asian appearance.
I'll not post any links up here, but the news reports are easy to find

One of them is out of prison now and living in Rotherham.

8 hours ago, cressida said:

When some of these ppl hold placard like this, all refugees think "hey, come on, they want us in UK!"

No, we don't want illegal immigrants nor ones who are going to be washing cars..

37 minutes ago, crookesey said:

The Romans couldn’t have been that popular, however we wouldn’t be what we are today without them. In recent times Afro Caribbeans have added much to our society, as have Indians and folk from Eastern Europe, hatred is a very negative emotion, something that I try very hard to resist.

I hope (and kind of expect) that soon in the affected towns and cities there will be events of some kind (marches or gatherings of some kind) where the tolerant majority can turn out in numbers to remind everyone that those who want to divide through hatred are very much the minority.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I hope (and kind of expect) that soon in the affected towns and cities there will be events of some kind (marches or gatherings of some kind) where the tolerant majority can turn out in numbers to remind everyone that those who want to divide through hatred are very much the minority.

Which unfortunately will be disrupted by the neanderathals  on both extremes.

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

When I was in my prime circa 50 years ago and had attended such a gathering, I wouldn’t have been able to resist defending myself against a scum bag, thus fuelling the situation.