Demonstrations, Riots and Disorder Across the UK Following the Southport Attacks

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Crikey. 

That's a long list. I think I sprained my thumb with all that scrolling 😁

It should be a list of the entire adult population of the UK ,minus a few thousand  idiots who respond to the calls of those who use social media to rally the troops.

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It should be a list of the entire adult population of the UK ,minus a few thousand  idiots who respond to the calls of those who use social media to rally the troops.

Exactly, @RJRB, and it is -but I suppose having 'the great and the goods' names on it gives it bit of a shine. Having said that, a few of those gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Edited by RollingJ

1 hour ago, Uggy said:

And the young Welsh boy that stabbed the kiddies in Southport won't go to trial until spring 2025, and the hero that tried to save them sez it's time we started to talk about the problems and it ain't the right wing fascists.

Where is the “young Welsh boy” at the moment?

You’d do well to stop making excuses for racist violence. It’s really not reflecting well on you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Where is the “young Welsh boy” at the moment?

You’d do well to stop making excuses for racist violence. It’s really not reflecting well on you.

On remand I think, I don't excuse racist violence, as far as I'm aware I've made no mention of racial violence.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Crikey. 

That's a long list. I think I sprained my thumb with all that scrolling 😁

I got as far as Bimini Bon Boulash and had a sudden vision of Rowan Atkinson doing that sketch where he was a teacher doing roll call. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Uggy said:

On remand I think, I don't excuse racist violence, as far as I'm aware I've made no mention of racial violence.

That’s true.

People like you are too smart to make direct comments.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

No, the airport incident is subject to the usual, sometimes painfully slow charging system, whereas the rioters have been banged up under a fast track system that is very much intended to deter other people from joining in. 

So it is a two tier judicial system . 

Just noticed this. I'm not sure if it's right or not.

Stand Up To Racism has arranged a number of protests for Wednesday labelled "Refugees Welcome".

The protests according to the campaign group, are centred around defending asylum support services.

The location of these protests are:

• Brentford (UK Immigration Help, The Mile, 1,000 Great West Road, TW8 9DW)
  • North Harrow (North Harrow Library, 429-433 Pinner Road, HA1 4HN)
  • Rotherham (Parker Rhodes Immigration Lawyer, The Point, S60 1BP)
  • Sheffield (White Rose Visas, Wilkinson Street, S10 2GJ)
  • Hastings (Cambridge Gardens, Hastings TN34 1EN)
  • Southampton (Y-Axis Immigration Consultants, Grosvenor Square, SO15 2BB)
  • Derby (Grove Street Car Park, (top of) Normanton Road, DE23 6US)
  • North Finchley (Immigration & Nationality Services Ltd, 4 Percy Road, N12 8BU)
  • Southend-on-sea (MNS Immigration Solicitors, Ditton Court Road, SS0 7HG)
  • Liverpool (St Anne’s Centre, Overbury Street, Liverpool, L7 3HJ)
  • Northampton (Clare Street Junction, Kettering Road)
  • Cheadle (Intime Immigration Services, Cheadle, SK8 3TD)
  • Portsmouth (UK Border Agency, Kettering Terrace, PO2 8QN)
  • Aldershot (Immigration Advisors, 40 Victoria Road, GU11 1TH)
  • Waltham Forest (Waltham Forest Immigration Bureau (opposite McDonalds), 187 Hoe Street, E17 3AP)
  • Brighton (Queensbury House, 106 Queens Road, BN1 3XF)
  • Oxford (Asylum Welcome, Magdelen Road, OX4 1RE)
  • Birmingham (The Clock (Jewellery Quarter), 168 Warstone Lane, Birmingham, B18 6NP)
  • Paisley (Watermill Hotel, Paisley PA1 1SR)

All these protests are set to kick off at around 7pm on Wednesday.

No doubt if it is right, there will be opposition. No need to say what usually follows.

3 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Yes, I mentioned this earlier. 

The more arrive, the more of the opposition will come, knowing they'll be more likely to get a 'ruck' (to quote football films).

They should stay at home and let the police deal with them. Why can't these so called (or self-called) 'intelligent' left people see that they are making things worse?

Waving flags saying 'we welcome refugees' is like waving a red flag to a bull. 

Well, in Bristol, Liverpool and Walthamstow, large numbers of anti racist people have turned out and no hint of trouble as yet. The fascists slink off when they're outnumbered.