Robert Willis

I'm looking for an old school friend and not sure if he's still with us (hope he is). It would be nice to meet him again after all these.

We both went to Newfield School in the early 60's but lost touch in the late 70's. Would like to hear from anyone if they knew him and what became of him etc. He lived on Myrtle Road and was called Robert Willis (Bob)...Cheers.

Hi there,  I hope! & I believe this is your friend! He seems to have moved around a lot after his marriage!

His birth was registered in Sheffield in 1951 as:-

ROBERT K WILLIS - mother maiden name PAWLEY ( only one listed in Sheffield to be the right age )

There is then a marriage registered in Sheffield in 1977 as :-

ROBERT C WILLIS - married PATRICIA BURNS ( although the middle name initial differs, I believe it's him )

I have found 4 WILLIS births with the mother maiden name of BURNS:-

HANNAH LOUISE WILLIS  b 1978 Derby

GAIL WILLIS   b 1980 Whitehaven

LUKE ANTHONY WILLIS  b 1990 Salford

LUCY ANN WILLIS  b 1991 Salford

On the peoples register, I found 3 - ROBERT C WILLIS  with a PATRICIA WILLIS in the same place:-

RCW & PATRICIA  E = Milton Keynes

RCW & PATRICIA  M = Neath, West Glamorgan

RCW & PATRICIA  A = Nottingham

( I have not been able to confirm any death record! )  While I can't positively say this is your friend, I hope it is!

King regards Heartshome👍

Hi Heartshome,

Thank you for all your hard work on my behalf looking up all those people but sorry to say I don't know any of them so my search still goes on I'm sad to say,

My friend was born on the 29th of September 1948, his Father was was called Leslie and his Mum was called Aida ? (not sure of the spelling for his Mum).

Thanks again.

SheffieldForum
This post was recognized by SheffieldForum!

Heartshome was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 100 points.

Him there. That's a shame it isn't him. 

This is the one! a bit older than I understood.

HERBERT  L  WILLIS - married - ADA ROBERTSON  - 1938 Sheffield

DAVID H WILLIS - b 1943 Sheffield

ROBERT WILLIS - b 1948 Sheffield 

If he married later in life, it was not in Sheffield, as there are no marriage records other than the 1st Robert C.

So sorry!!! wish I could have been more help'

Regards Heartshome

Thanks again Heartshome for all your hard work digging out all those facts and I'm sure Herbert and Ada were Robert's parents as Herberts friends and family always called him Les. Robert did have a Brother called David but sadly he died at a very young age and I never knew him.

I know Les Died before Ada but don't know when she died it must have been after 1978.

I was wondering if Robert moved out of Sheffield after the death of his Mum.

Thanks again Heartsholme.

Hi there. DAVID H WILLIS - died - 1953 age 10 Sheffield

HERBERT L WILLIS - died - 1974                 "

There is no record of an ADA WILLIS death in Sheffield other than in 1938 & 1964 = age 73.

My guess is! she moved to live with ROBERT later on after Herbert died, where ever that was!

and died there. 

Regards Heartshome

2 hours ago, Heartshome said:

Hi there. DAVID H WILLIS - died - 1953 age 10 Sheffield

HERBERT L WILLIS - died - 1974                 "

There is no record of an ADA WILLIS death in Sheffield other than in 1938 & 1964 = age 73.

My guess is! she moved to live with ROBERT later on after Herbert died, where ever that was!

and died there. 

Regards Heartshome

Ada died 1997 Sheffield same address as Robert,  Myrtle Rd  , Robert lived in the same house all his life by all accounts - Elect Register

• Like 1

Hi Lobster. That's brilliant to find out!!! Looks like he never married. which explains why no record found.

No wonder I didn't find Ada on a death 70s, 80s up to 93 where I was looking, she was a good age!

Correct info now for Chubby.                                           Thanks again, Heartshome.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, he was actually my mum's cousin, I've just been contacted by a solicitor who informed me that he died in 2021. I remember him coming round to my grandparents at Xmas time in the 80s, I believe he never married nor had kids. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least it's a full answer

• 2 weeks later...