One & a half million houses to be built

More housing is necessary,  should have been done over the last thirty years,  now building materials are much more costly and that will make building them then selling them likely to be unaffordable for the most needy.   Hope they won't be little boxes,  if so, extensions can be built later,  I'm guessing they will cost £200,000

- is that affordable?

24 minutes ago, cressida said:

More housing is necessary,  should have been done over the last thirty years,  now building materials are much more costly and that will make building them then selling them likely to be unaffordable for the most needy.   Hope they won't be little boxes,  if so, extensions can be built later,  I'm guessing they will cost £200,000

- is that affordable?

It is for junior Doctors.

• Confused 2

Any new houses built we be bought by those who can afford to buy them.  Something has gone wrong  because we have a situation that too many hard working people can no longer afford to buy a home of their own. I've seen nothing to convince me that the new Labour government will make houses more affordable to those who aren't currently on the property ladder.  

There's an absolutely chronic shortage of building inustry personnel, I doubt these targets will be met unless they are just going to throw up cheap flats everywhere that will be a blight on wherever they are built.

5 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

There's an absolutely chronic shortage of building inustry personnel, I doubt these targets will be met unless they are just going to throw up cheap flats everywhere that will be a blight on wherever they are built.

That’s what happens when generations of youths are pushed towards university rather than learning  a trade when they leave school 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, atticus said:

That’s what happens when generations of youths are pushed towards university rather than learning  a trade when they leave school 

Exactly, the good tradesmen are like Dads Army at the moment.

• Like 1