Blood donation

Having been a blood donor for more years than I care to remember I am now thouroughly fed up with the process of trying to book an appointment.   The system of logging on and then being put into (Queue it ) before I can access the site is so annoying . Sometimes it gives an estimated time before access is allowed ( who is going to wait 50 mins)  ,at other times it says 4mins goes down to 2mins and then back up again to 4 mins.

It looks like my days of donating are over .

Anyone other donors having problems ?

I'm to old to give blood now apparently, but I remember they changed opening times and made it difficult for me to donate, however they did ring me up at work several times to donate cos I'm Oneg

It's frustrating trying to do anything on the phone nowadays. Try booking an appointment online. 

1. Log in to your online account and find an appointment – a number of appointments can be booked in advance. If you are unable to book now, then please try for a later date. A limited number of walk-in slots are available.

https://www.blood.co.uk/the-donation-process/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, spilldig said:

It is to difficult. When it was on Division Street anyone could just walk in at anytime and donate.

I used to go to the Donor Centre on Church Street (corner of Vicar Lane) and also recall receiving a card through the post twice a year inviting me to attend a donor clinic on a particular day.

16 hours ago, Nobby Stiles said:

Well I guess that is a good problem to have!

It's not a good problem to have, because they are short on supply. I used to just call in and donate as I walked past the Town Hall.

They no longer use the Town Hall, which is a central point for everyone.

They do use a place local to where I live, but you need to book months in advance.

I have donated, but it seems unnecessary if the appointments are full.

A good problem being lots of people wanting to donate! The Sheffield blood donor place is in the centre of town - near the cathedral. Plenty of appointment slots,  you just have to join the online queue to book one. I'm going next week - I quite enjoy it really. Can't really explain why!