'The Left' / 'The Right' / 'Left Wing' / 'Right Wing'

Personally I feel that attaching far-hard left-right labels to other posters is unhelpful, particularly as it's often done as a personal attack on an individual for views which they may not hold.
I don't have an issue with describing Britain First, Homeland, British Union of Fascists, etc as "Far Right", or groups like SWP as "Far Left", as it's pretty much a dictionary definition.
I do have an issue with posters who attach labels like SWP or Fascist to other folk who may well not hold those views.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Wouldn’t be much of a fair fight . The sandal  wearing, lentil eating Left ,  against the hobnail boots wearing , raw steak eating Right .

I’ve just been up and down a ladder in my sandals, where my garden boots are is currently a mystery. :huh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

'The Left' / 'The Right' / 'Left Wing' / 'Right Wing'

YOU DECIDE!

I would describe myself as center right, but I do sometimes get called a leftie or even a yellow Tory, it doesn't bother me.

A term being used more in recent times in the UK is populist, which is how I would describe Nigel Farage and Lee Anderson, they don't have deep beliefs, they just say what ever they think is popular. The whole issue of immigration is centered on the boat people, when they are just a small part of the net immigration figures.

I do think people on here sometimes prefer an argument, to actually discussing the issue.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I would describe myself as center right, but I do sometimes get called a leftie or even a yellow Tory, it doesn't bother me.

A term being used more in recent times in the UK is populist, which is how I would describe Nigel Farage and Lee Anderson, they don't have deep beliefs, they just say what ever they think is popular. The whole issue of immigration is centered on the boat people, when they are just a small part of the net immigration figures.

I do think people on here sometimes prefer an argument, to actually discussing the issue.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Not seen that particular test before, but I've come out in my usual spot of the centre of the lower left square, as I always seem to regardless of the website.

19 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Not seen that particular test before, but I've come out in my usual spot of the centre of the lower left square, as I always seem to regardless of the website.

I've just had a go.

Screenshot_20240801_142420_Brave.jpg

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Same here.