'The Left' / 'The Right' / 'Left Wing' / 'Right Wing'

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Not seen that particular test before, but I've come out in my usual spot of the centre of the lower left square, as I always seem to regardless of the website.

So calling you a leftie would be accurate and not an insult?

Although not relevant in a discussion.

• Haha 2

If you vote left wing or right wing, the outcome will be the same

Same with America be it Donald Trump, Barry Cobarner, Kamala Harris, bicker among themselves but nothing changes

25 minutes ago, rogets said:

If you vote left wing or right wing, the outcome will be the same

Same with America be it Donald Trump, Barry Cobarner, Kamala Harris, bicker among themselves but nothing changes

I disagree.

Just now, Mister M said:

I disagree.

Seriously though, on a personal level what will change, regardless of either a Conservative or Labour government or Harris/Trump winning in November.

Personally for me, absolutely nothing changes.

3 hours ago, peak4 said:

Not seen that particular test before, but I've come out in my usual spot of the centre of the lower left square, as I always seem to regardless of the website.

Lower left square result for me too.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

So calling you a leftie would be accurate and not an insult?

Although not relevant in a discussion.

I would have absolutely no objection, as I would normally quite openly describe myself as centre left(ish).
The important distinction that I'm trying to make however, would be someone who claimed (of me), or anyone else for that matter; (I appreciate you wouldn't)

"You lefties are all the same and want uncontrolled immigration so there's more people vote for Liebour

This would certainly be unacceptable, as it's projecting thoughts onto me which I don't hold, in order to use them as an unjustified/false personal attack.
Several folk on this forum have been seen to use this style of comment, though if our admin notices, the post sometimes get deleted.
Hence  my light hearted words recently regarding Latin and "ad hominem"; It's not a new phrase to me, but it seems to be getting more relevant on this (and other) forum(s), which is what I suspect is what @SheffieldForum is seeking to address.
It's always difficult to moderate forums, as well as adhering to some legal responsibilities, so perhaps out of respect for each other and our differing viewpoints, we should offer more support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I would have absolutely no objection, as I would normally quite openly describe myself as centre left(ish).
The important distinction that I'm trying to make however, would be someone who claimed (of me), or anyone else for that matter; (I appreciate you wouldn't)

"You lefties are all the same and want uncontrolled immigration so there's more people vote for Liebour

This would certainly be unacceptable, as it's projecting thoughts onto me which I don't hold, in order to use them as an unjustified/false personal attack.
Several folk on this forum have been seen to use this style of comment, though if our admin notices, the post sometimes get deleted.
Hence  my light hearted words recently regarding Latin and "ad hominem"; It's not a new phrase to me, but it seems to be getting more relevant on this (and other) forum(s), which is what I suspect is what @SheffieldForum is seeking to address.
It's always difficult to moderate forums, as well as adhering to some legal responsibilities, so perhaps out of respect for each other and our differing viewpoints, we should offer more support.

That's quite a detailed explanation.

Appreciate it.