Littering , drives me nuts

Just now, redruby said:

Not ‘automatically’ but if people don’t notice or care about rubbish around their home they’re often not too concerned about litter either.

Page hall is a prime example 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Well , I think it's sheer laziness 

It is laziness ultimately.  I’ve said before it’s basically laziness . But there reasons for the laziness.  If there’s a bin right in front of their nose they’ll generally use it but otherwise it’s too much effort and it gets chucked on the ground.

9 minutes ago, redruby said:

It is laziness ultimately.  I’ve said before it’s basically laziness . But there reasons for the laziness.  If there’s a bin right in front of their nose they’ll generally use it but otherwise it’s too much effort and it gets chucked on the ground.

Not them I saw the other day , chucked their rubbish on the floor despite there was an empty bin in front of them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redruby said:

... A lot of student houses are very messy with litter around them and they don’t seem to very good with putting bins out and putting recycling in the right bins so they end up uncollected and festering...  

I think one reason is that not all councils use the same colour, or even type, of bin for the same items, nor do they all collect the same stuff for recycling. There’s also the likelihood that many students have just moved away from the family home where they’ve never even had to think about rubbish or recycling bins. Then maybe I’m just making excuses for them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, horribleblob said:

I think one reason is that not all councils use the same colour, or even type, of bin for the same items, nor do they all collect the same stuff for recycling. There’s also the likelihood that many students have just moved away from the family home where they’ve never even had to think about rubbish or recycling bins. Then maybe I’m just making excuses for them.

It’s partly that of course so it wouldn’t be a bad thing if landlords had to take more responsibility and make sure the bins are labelled (some do this already).  And maybe make it part of tenancy agreement that bins are used properly and put out for collection.  It’s not only student houses of course, it’s just that I’ve noticed it’s a problem in many student areas.  

6 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Not them I saw the other day , chucked their rubbish on the floor despite there was an empty bin in front of them 

Well I did say ‘generally’…..some people seem to have an aversion to using a bin.  Most litters are just too lazy to look for bin or take their rubbish home but will bin it if they don’t have make an effort though.  Some litter picking groups set up extra bins made from old tyres in grot spots like lay bays and they are used.  

• Like 1

I see large gatherings of men outside the betting shop smoking and throwing betting slips and tab ends on the floor they all look well Fred as well makes me wonder where they get the cash to gamble ....some of them even have a can of alcoholic beverage to combat our weather ....page hall !

• Like 1