Clive Betts. E-bikes: A Threat to Public Safety

3 hours ago, peak4 said:

Spotted on Real Classic bike group on Facebook
image.png.38ab9d5a077df00269da0f8b7a05791e.png

That is one ugly looking pile of crap.  Bet the ex-owner thought he was the bees knees with women swooning everytime he passed

• Like 1

No need to get dramatic with E-bike destruction, just sort the rules & regs out as to who/where and when. Put the rules and regs into law and pass the regulation on to the police, however I do think that they should have registration plates and insurance.

• Like 1

theres normally some one on here to tell how great it is for drug dealers ect and its untrue that these electric bikes ect are any danger at all, great for unemployed to take drugs around , suprised no mention on this today by him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alchemist said:

OK, not strictly the same but does hold some relevance!!

Look at the crash @ 35 secs in where the cyclist just seems to continue on his merry way

Watching that, it appears cyclists see themselves as not subject to the Highway Code - a large number of them totally ignore the fact that a Zebra crossing signifies that pedestrians have priority.

Equally, there were a large number of dumb pedestrians. Both groups need educating.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2024 at 19:19, The_DADDY said:

E bike riders are a damn menace. Arrogantly riding on paths, sailing through red lights including pedestrian crossing with pedestrians actually crossing at the time.

They obey very few if any rules of the road. 

Catch em. Fine em, crush their damn bikes.

Same for e scooters too whilst I'm at it. 

Or even legally confiscate and sell them. 🤔

• Like 2

Needs a proper crack down, it's really hazardous now on the pavements in town due to the number of e-bike riders.  Especially those at night who wear black clothing & can't be bothered to display any lights, while riding on the pavement as well as on the road.

E-Scooters too - a few weeks ago an e-scooter rider rode straight into me while I was walking on a narrow footpath, he stopped & I thought he was going to apologise.

Unfortunately not - he threatened to physically assault me, claiming that our collision could have caused him to fall into the roadway & under a lorry.  Absolute idiot, I reported the incident to the Police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These things are really starting to p*ss me off. I witnessed one going down Chapel Walk at about 15mph yesterday, and it missed an old woman by inches. I also find it curious how food delivery people can afford these expensive bikes considering the job probably doesn't pay that well...

• Like 2