GP 's about to strike

I do wonder how much of the above content it relevant to the thread title, which seems misleading to me anyway.
"Collective Action" my not necessarily include an all out strike.
A major potential issue is the prevention of GP practices employing more GPs as funding is only available for Physician Associates, with a similar issue for practice nurses.

Leading doctors to launch legal action over physician associates Independent (not showing as behind a paywall at the moment, but alternatively try HERE)
It comes amid rising concerns that doctors are being replaced with cheaper alternatives.

Over 80% of locum GPs struggle to find work, finds BMA survey   BMA
A BMA survey has revealed that four out of five locum GPs in England (84%) cannot find work, despite patients waiting weeks for appointments.

An overwhelming number of those who responded to the survey said they could not find suitable positions and because of that, more than 50% are expecting to make changes to their work or career plans in the next year.

• Like 1

The NHS is a complete shambles. 

The only thing that will help it is to make it independent from government. It's just a political football these days, and little to do with 'helping people'.

I have direct experience in the last week of how the health system in UK and East Asia is different. 

Edited by *_ash_*
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

The NHS is a complete shambles. 

The only thing that will help it is to make it independent from government. It's just a political football these days, and little to do with 'helping people'.

I have direct experience in the last week of how the health system in UK and East Asia is different. 

it's not all doom and gloom, for everyone.

I saw my G.P of choice without any hassle 4 times last month along with 2 physios, 5 appointments with nurses.

This Month, I'm hoping it'll be less G.P appointments, I've had 2 text messages asking to book appointments with them, i'm hoping to put off those off until nearer the end of the month and deal with any additional problems that may crop up.

past 12 years, I've never had any issues with any G.P surgeries around appointments, but it does help having "must be seen same day" splashed across the screen whenever my details are brought up. 

earlier this week I saw my G.P for a referral received text notification in less that 24hrs and received an appointment for the Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre, Olympic Legacy Park in less than 2 weeks, I could have been seen earlier at another centre, but travel would have been difficult.

I reckon I get gold star service from our NHS including when I had Covid, tested on 10 April was in hospital next day receiving intravenous antivirals.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I appreciate that @RollingJ

I actually thought better of posting it so edited however I was beaten too it.

Time will tell if anyone decides to use it to mock etc.

Edit. Obviously I don't mean you. I know you wouldn't do anything like that 👍

So sorry to read about your experience over the years DADDY, sounds awful. 😟

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Probably not.

Our GP is still using Covid as an excuse to only do telephone appointments, and that's only once you've appeased the rottweilers that pass as receptionists.

The wife hasn't seen a GP for years, when it comes to a medication review they just OK it and renew, zero contact.

Contact the NHS England

They issued a directive that ALL GPs were to return to in-person appointments back in May 2021

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

So sorry to read about your experience over the years DADDY, sounds awful. 😟

Thank you Draggletail. It wasn't pleasant but its mostly behind me now. Actually my marriage break up was the thing that helped the most. Not blaming the ex or anything but it was having two kids to look after on my own that was a big shock to the system so I had to forget about my issues and focus on the kids. 

8 years later and we are plodding on and very happy 😊 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you Draggletail. It wasn't pleasant but its mostly behind me now. Actually my marriage break up was the thing that helped the most. Not blaming the ex or anything but it was having two kids to look after on my own that was a big shock to the system so I had to forget about my issues and focus on the kids. 

8 years later and we are plodding on and very happy 😊 

You have strength, for sure. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1