GP 's about to strike

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you Draggletail. It wasn't pleasant but its mostly behind me now. Actually my marriage break up was the thing that helped the most. Not blaming the ex or anything but it was having two kids to look after on my own that was a big shock to the system so I had to forget about my issues and focus on the kids. 

8 years later and we are plodding on and very happy 😊 

You are a fighter & a star mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

The NHS is a complete shambles. 

The only thing that will help it is to make it independent from government. It's just a political football these days, and little to do with 'helping people'.

I have direct experience in the last week of how the health system in UK and East Asia is different. 

I agree . The NHS is very broken . As a recently retired Nurse , I know first hand . In some cases Managers have got their priorities all wrong , wasting money on wrong things .  I do ,however , think some GPS are still taking advantage of the Covid situation ,but they need to move on & get back to normal . Actually see patients face to face . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

GPS are still taking advantage of the Covid situation ,but they need to move on & get back to normal . Actually see patients face to face . 

So they're not even able to do a standard blood pressure test (if relevant) to your appointment? Disgraceful!

3 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Is that true ? That is ridiculous 

I mean 

4 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Is that true ? That is ridiculous 

I meant in context to your comment "GPS are still taking advantage of the Covid situation, but they need to move on & get back to normal. Actually see patients face to face ."

Doctors can't do the basics like measure blood pressure online. 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Mel is correct. They are going to see a maximum of 25 patients a day rather than the usual 40.

Thank you 🙏

Actually, on the plus side those 25 will probably benefit from a better consultation as the Doc may spend longer with them. 

Edited by The_DADDY