Ever cut your own hair ?

16 hours ago, Longcol said:

I live in France where haircuts are quite expensive and the stylist (no, not barbers) I went to the first time over here wanted to do summat artistic even when I just want a No4 all over the head and a No2 on the beard and tache,

Usually back in Sheffield 3 or 4 times year so can go to the ones on Surrey Street when we're staying in the Novotel. Over here I've got a Wahl trimmer (rechargeable battery) with attachments from No 1 up till 8 or 9 (never use owt over 4) which does for in betweens eg last came in March and not over again until next week so have done a couple of trims since.

I once went to a hairdresser in France. I told her I wanted something simple and easy for the summer, but she wanted to do something artistic as well and gave me a perm. I came out looking like something out of Shaft. It was bushing out so wide I almost had to go through doors sideways. I’ve not dared to go into a French hairdressers again.

21 hours ago, Longcol said:

I live in France where haircuts are quite expensive and the stylist (no, not barbers) I went to the first time over here wanted to do summat artistic even when I just want a No4 all over the head and a No2 on the beard and tache,

Usually back in Sheffield 3 or 4 times year so can go to the ones on Surrey Street when we're staying in the Novotel. Over here I've got a Wahl trimmer (rechargeable battery) with attachments from No 1 up till 8 or 9 (never use owt over 4) which does for in betweens eg last came in March and not over again until next week so have done a couple of trims since.

Your lifestyle sounds Idyllic!

4 hours ago, Slighty batty said:

I once went to a hairdresser in France. I told her I wanted something simple and easy for the summer, but she wanted to do something artistic as well and gave me a perm. I came out looking like something out of Shaft. It was bushing out so wide I almost had to go through doors sideways. I’ve not dared to go into a French hairdressers again.

French hairdressers sound like a nightmare!

I bought some clippers years ago and some new ones last year. I've but cutting my own hair for years. I don't worry about what it looks like as I don't have eyes on top of my head, I just let other folk worry about it....they don't have to look if they don't want.

In days of yore I was 14 and going on a school trip to Wales on the Saturday 9am, in desperation I attempted to cut my hair on Friday night and made a terrible mess of it, you’d have to blame it on the back-to-front reflection in the mirror confusing me. Mother told me I looked like I was wearing a helmet and had been very silly. 

Next morning, 7.50am, I got to John’s Hairstyling, Beighton Rd, ‘please can you make something out of this, I tried to cut my own hair, I’m sorry’, then I ran home for my bags.

The holiday was a complete sausage fest.