Fly tipping

3 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Fly tipping really annoys me it's disgusting fly tipping should automatically have a £1000 fine and the vehicles crushed!

bcc41fe26808403d92fbef5d5db3ac98.jpg

Absoloute disgrace. Not sure what the current punishment is but I hope its a decent one. 

• Thanks 1

Sadly we get a lot of fly tipping around us, we report it to the council, they come and clean it up... that's it, seemingly no consequences for people doing it as we keep seeing the same people.

Even more annoying when we found an open bag once with paper spilling out of it... turned out they were invoice forms from a local business, took photos, sent to council... no updates... frustrating.

The only positive fly tipping feedback we got was during the original Covid lockdown.

As the council didn't want to expose the workers to people, we were told to stop using the blocks bin chutes, and instead all the blocks got skips for residents to use.

We used to film a guy coming along in the early hours in his transit van, several times a week, emptying the entire van into a skip (and onto the ground if it didn't fit) and driving off... not small things either, entire kitchens, builders bags of rubble, doors, window frames, you name it.

Kept sending the videos to the council and after a few months the guy stopped turning up.

Huge fine, van impounded 😎

• Like 3

Here in the Netherlands there’s a fair amount of illegal drug production and they end up with vats full of horrible toxic chemicals which they need to get rid of. Often they just dump the stuff in some woods somewhere.  A couple of years back somebody brazenly dumped a couple of vats on a side street in the middle of our village.  I wonder if the people who take the drugs are aware of the environmental impact, but I guess that if they don’t care about polluting their own bodies they’re unlikely to care that much about the environment. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Well with our four bins we don’t see the problem, even large items can be broken up to fit, I assume that the fly tippers don’t have this facility, why not? :huh:

Because its probably  a business, the well organised large companies pay fees etc. the small companies want to increase their earnings, might just be some bloke doing it on the side.

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Well with our four bins we don’t see the problem, even large items can be broken up to fit, I assume that the fly tippers don’t have this facility, why not? :huh:

With respect matey, it would take some time trying to get a knackered fridge freezer, Mrs Jones ripped 3 piece suit and a broken Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia engine into those bins

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

With respect matey, it would take some time trying to get a knackered fridge freezer, Mrs Jones ripped 3 piece suit and a broken Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia engine into those bins

That’s not what is on the forum photo.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Put engine on front be gone in no time !

• Haha 1

Whenever we wish to get rid of say electrical appliances we simply stand them at the bottom of our drive with a sign saying ‘PLEASE TAKE ME’ on them, the scrap guys soon oblige. Does this not apply elsewhere? :huh: