Old broadband contracts

Hi folks, Mods please move post if there's a more appropriate forum.

So your broadband contract is coming to an end and you go to a shop to renew or swap contract.  In my case, the salesperson switched me to a new supplier but within the same umbrella structure (EE to BT). I was told my EE contract would end on X date and my BT contract would start on X date. EE put me on a rolling contract without my authorisation, as I knew I was switching to BT. It turns out that I've been paying for both for a year now and trying to sort out the EE thing is a real ball ache.  How have other people handled it? 

Ta

@Stannington Lad That is a really strange way of moving Broadband, and not one I personally would recommend.  For information, if you are currently with BT, EE shouldn't be charging you anything, but you will be transferred back to EE in the near future anyway - the BT brand is being dropped for domestic customers.

• 1 month later...

Interesting topic. Have you all noticed these wonderfully 'low-priced' deals from the main ISP's lately. In the small print on the TV adds you are warned that on the 31st March in subsequent years the rental goes up by the rate of inflation, PLUS 3%. That is why when FTTH becomes the only option for current users of FTTC after 31st December, I will be switching to a 4G Dongle attached to my router!

On 12/09/2024 at 09:23, swarfendor437 said:

Interesting topic. Have you all noticed these wonderfully 'low-priced' deals from the main ISP's lately. In the small print on the TV adds you are warned that on the 31st March in subsequent years the rental goes up by the rate of inflation, PLUS 3%. That is why when FTTH becomes the only option for current users of FTTC after 31st December, I will be switching to a 4G Dongle attached to my router!

It takes a whole two minutes to find FTTH suppliers who have (for example) a 3 years price lock guarantee with no yearly increases etc!!

my current FTTH contract ends sometime over the next couple of months, (and they have been raising every April)  and i'm looking at yayzi as they  are as I said above :)

I've been with Zen ineternet after TT screwed up my internet during lockdown. No price icreases at all. Obviously this will end come end of December 2025 when I will be using my Smarty data card (or whatever sim is the cheapest) in my ZTE usb dongle. :wink: