Walk into Sheffield City Centre

31 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Just walked from Greystones, down Ecclesall Road, up The Moor and around town. Went to Cambridge Street collective for some lunch. Wandered down to the Winter Gardens and the galleries, then over to Fargate, then a walk around the Cathedral,  through TK Maxx into Orchard Square. Up Division Street and then to Devonshire Green. 

Everywhere was really buzzing. People eating, drinking, enjoying themselves in the sunshine. The city centre seems to be coming together, its definitely on the up. Looking forward to when the Fargate works are completed and work begins on the new bar in the old Yorkshire Bank.  The new small park just off Division Street was absolutely packed.

Made me really proud to be a Sheffield lad and I'd happily recommend Sheffield as a destination.  

I did similar yesterday, stopping for a few drinks on the balcony at the bar at Radisson Blu.

Such an amazing buzz around the whole city centre. People who stay at home and snipe from afar are truly missing out.

IMG_4641.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I did similar yesterday, stopping for a few drinks on the balcony at the bar at Radisson Blu.

Such an amazing buzz around the whole city centre. People who stay at home and smile from afar are truly missing out.

IMG_4641.jpeg

I've booked into The Radisson for 1 night over the Bank Holiday weekend. A room overlooking the Town Hall... that's a proper stay cation. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Such an amazing buzz around the whole city centre. People who stay at home and snipe from afar are truly missing out.

Not managed to get to the Radisson yet. 

What did you drink & pay? 

23 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Not managed to get to the Radisson yet. 

What did you drink & pay? 

Only pint on draft is Cobra and it is (for Cobra and the area in a 4* hotel) a *fairly reasonable* £6.75.

For context, I’ve been on Abbeydale Road for the beer festival today and paid ~£6/pint in most places.

4 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Only pint on draft is Cobra and it is (for Cobra and the area in a 4* hotel) a *fairly reasonable* £6.75.

For context, I’ve been on Abbeydale Road for the beer festival today and paid ~£6/pint in most places.

Not bad for a hotel price.   And yes I know what you mean about Abbeydale Road.  Posted similar in the past. 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 16:44, bungleboy69 said:

I've booked into The Radisson for 1 night over the Bank Holiday weekend. A room overlooking the Town Hall... that's a proper stay cation. 

Stopped last Sunday in it, really good. 

• Like 2