Living in squalor in Parson Cross-waiting for council repairs

18 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Why would you wait 6 months to contact someone after not hearing about a repair?

I'd be on the phone weekly for updates.

As for the peeling paint, surely you'd just strip them and repaint them, not leave them to fester? :suspect:

Even if you do contact them weekly the council don't do anything.    "we don't have the resources at the moment"  "you are already on the waiting list"  "its already part of our scheduled programme of works"  "we have just changed contractors and its taking time"  "its not a priority"    

Six months is nothing.  There are stories of people waiting several years for their block repairs to be done .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Even if you do contact them weekly the council don't do anything.    "we don't have the resources at the moment"  "you are already on the waiting list"  "its already part of our scheduled programme of works"  "we have just changed contractors and its taking time"  "its not a priority"    

Six months is nothing.  There are stories of people waiting several years for their block repairs to be done .  

Complaining and going to the local MP works, it still takes time though.

I just get the impression that the woman in the story just let things slide and didn't push the issue as hard as she could have.

We had a water leak into our flat from 3 floors above us.... complaints to council, emails to councillors and MP, in total it took 9 months to get everything fixed.

1 minute ago, Stannington Lad said:

Wait what, Labour have only been in government about 4 weeks

But central government don't run local services - that is down to the local administration.

Just now, Stannington Lad said:

Irrelevent in this case - it appears it has taken the council 5 years and counting to fix an H&S issue.

1 minute ago, Stannington Lad said:

Why is it irrelevant? 

Because - and I suspect we are not being told the full story here - H&S issues are a priority, and no way should take 5+ years, irrespective of 'funding' issues.

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Hate to say this, but I think this is third/fourth? time this story  has been posted on here.

Correct it has ...it wants closure 😕 

• Thanks 1