Living in squalor in Parson Cross-waiting for council repairs

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I think you are missing something here - these 'multiple issues' the tenant is facing didn't all appear at once, and although the council can be less than efficient, I doubt they would let them build up to this degree - for one property.

No  'victim blaming' here, but maybe, just maybe, as we have still not seen a response from SCC, there is something we are not being told?

Well how about concentrating one just one of those issues; the most dangerous issue.  The unsafe staircase.  The problems with the unsafe  staircase have been going on since 2018 and reported multiple times.

You’ve said before that you think the council are incompetent and are not defending them, yet you continue to doubt this story.  Do you think someone is making it up?  Exaggerating?  What for?

Meanwhile the tenant is living in an unsafe council house in Parson Cross.

Just now, redruby said:

Well how about concentrating one just one of those issues; the most dangerous issue.  The unsafe staircase.  The problems with the unsafe  staircase have been going on since 2018 and reported multiple times.

You’ve said before that you think the council are incompetent and are not defending them, yet you continue to doubt this story.  Do you think someone is making it up?  Exaggerating?  What for?

Meanwhile the tenant is living in an unsafe council house in Parson Cross.

And we still haven't seen a response from the council.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

And we still haven't seen a response from the council.

And we aren’t going to get one unless you contact the council yourself or follow the report up with Yorkshire Live.  

Just now, redruby said:

And we aren’t going to get one unless you contact the council yourself or follow the report up with Yorkshire Live.  

Strange that - you think one sided reporting is OK. I would have thought any responsible 'newspaper' would attempt to get both sides of a story?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Strange that - you think one sided reporting is OK. I would have thought any responsible 'newspaper' would attempt to get both sides of a story?

I don’t.  But I don’t think in this specific case there is any strong reason to disbelieve this tenant.  If she has had ongoing problems trying to get the council to repair an unsafe council house, it’s hardly her fault that Yorkshire Live didn’t approach the council or include their response in the article.  She was probably at her wits end with all this and getting desperate by the time she approached the media.  And yet you still insist on casting doubt on this situation.  Perhaps if you were living in an unsafe council house in Parson Cross you wouldn’t be so heartless!

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

👋

Well, now after all the fuss about 'no response from the Council' in the article, there is one actually!!  It just wasn't loading at the end of the article when I looked at it previously.  Here you are:

'A spokesperson for Sheffield City Council said they are “aware” of the repairs and are working to complete them “as soon as possible”. They said: “We are aware of the reports made to us by the tenant. We are arranging an inspection at the tenant’s convenience to gather all repair reports into one action plan. This will be with the aim to resolve the issues quickly and give the tenant a point of contact throughout.

“Some of these issues already have new parts ordered to fix, which will be completed as soon as possible. Those which already haven’t had parts ordered to fix, will be processed as soon as possible.”'

Thanks for that. I'm just still curious as to why this has been 'ongoing for five years' - I appreciate, and have experienced the lethargical way they work - but 5 years for an H&S situation???  Something tells me there is still some of this story that isn't being released.

27 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Thanks for that. I'm just still curious as to why this has been 'ongoing for five years' - I appreciate, and have experienced the lethargical way they work - but 5 years for an H&S situation???  Something tells me there is still some of this story that isn't being released.

So now we’ve established that the council were approached and have responded, you are still sceptical about this!  As you can no longer blame this on ‘lazy journalism’  and this being being a ‘one sided’ report, it is now ‘hmm this still seems fishy, there must be more to it’.  Even if she’d been 5 months and not 5 years that’s still a concern when there is a dangerous staircase in the house.

As I pointed out up-thread, this is the third, possibly fourth time this story has been posted on here, and to be honest I am still not convinced we are hearing the whole truth. However, as you cherry-pick the bits you wish to reply to, I am now going to cease replying, although I will still be checking for any further concrete details.