Clare Balding.

58 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Over exposure is not healthy admitted the bank account will be healthly untill she fades away into  obscurity and ends up commentating on something like the Gypsy Horse Fair Auctions at Appleby.  :hihi:

Well, unless she has a major scandal sometime in the future, her eventual retiring from broadcasting will probably be the best you can hope for. 

Whether you like her or not, she can hardly be classed to some talentless fly by night presenter.   She has been at the BBC for over 30 years, was promoted to head presenter of their flagship sports broadcast a couple of years ago, received several broadcast awards including a BAFTA and awarded OBE and CBE honours.

I can't see her disappearing from our screens anytime soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well, unless she has a major scandal sometime in the future, her eventual retiring from broadcasting will probably be the best you can hope for. 

Whether you like her or not, she can hardly be classed to some talentless fly by night presenter.   She has been at the BBC for over 30 years, was promoted to head presenter of their flagship sports broadcast a couple of years ago, received several broadcast awards including a BAFTA and awarded OBE and CBE honours.

I can't see her disappearing from our screens anytime soon.

Get some life experience instead of being of spouting and thinking you  knows it all,  many show biz people over the years have suffered the wrath of over exposure then evetually disappear from our screens  until  years later when they are offered the chance to get on some Celeb game show,   in time you will notice this when you reach adulthood.  

32 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Get some life experience instead of being of spouting and thinking you  knows it all,  many show biz people over the years have suffered the wrath of over exposure then evetually disappear from our screens  until  years later when they are offered the chance to get on some Celeb game show,   in time you will notice this when you reach adulthood.  

I have plenty.  Its how I'm able to debate like an adult with reasoned arguments and facts to support the points I make. 

I agree there are some personalities who are overexposed and suffer such fate. However, there are also plenty of personalities who, despite many years fronting the same sorts of shows or even being 'the face' of a particular sector of broadcasting, they maintain their popularity and their careers right through to their retirement. 

In my opinion, Claire Balding is one of those presenters. While she does frequent several programs, I certainly don't feel she falls into the category of overexposed, desperate, low rent host making guest appearances on every single thing they can get their hands on.

She also has a far more established and respected legacy with the network, her peers and credentials to make her more serious. Thus, I believe she will maintain a presence until such time as she chooses to stop.

I may well be wrong in that. Who knows? Who cares? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I have plenty.  Its how I'm able to debate like an adult with reasoned arguments and facts to support the points I make. 

I agree there are some personalities who are overexposed and suffer such fate. However, there are also plenty of personalities who, despite many years fronting the same sorts of shows or even being 'the face' of a particular sector of broadcasting, they maintain their popularity and their careers right through to their retirement. 

In my opinion, Claire Balding is one of those presenters. While she does frequent several programs, I certainly don't feel she falls into the category of overexposed, desperate, low rent host making guest appearances on every single thing they can get their hands on.

She also has a far more established and respected legacy with the network, her peers and credentials to make her more serious. Thus, I believe she will maintain a presence until such time as she chooses to stop.

I may well be wrong in that. Who knows? Who cares? 

I agree, she is not in the over exposed catergory yet but if the Beeb persue by letting her present every major event,   over a period of time people will get fed up of seeing the same old same old,  you have to admit she has presnted quite a few major events on the trot. I never said she is a bad presenter just that I'm fed up seeing her.  I'll give her one thing!  She knows her horses but there is an old saying and thats  horses for courses.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Well said cressy !

I'm not disputing whether she  is good at her job,  IMO she is on TV a bit too much just like flippin Bradley Walsh,  I'm not shallow and judge a person by their looks, Liam Neeson IMO is no oil painting but his films are brilliant because he is a natural every day bloke you see in the street and not some tarted up dandy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Liam Neeson is good looking imo - my type as he has charisma

I think he is average looking which is why he is so convincing in the roles he plays,  I couldn't imagine any of  the Hollywood Dandies playing Shindler. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cressida said:

Liam Neeson is good looking imo - my type as he has charisma

I'm also a fan of Liam Neeson. Yes good looking, a great actor, and judging by some of the interviews I've seen, what I most admire about him is that he appears to be  a man with deeply held principles..

• Like 1