Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea .

2 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

What about whiteboards in school? An insult to us all shocking better call.it a chalkboard what a load of tripe!

That's exactly what mate said on the ward . She said , we can't say blackboard anymore , she said what about whiteboard , that's offensive to us 😁

29 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

That's exactly what mate said on the ward . She said , we can't say blackboard anymore , she said what about whiteboard , that's offensive to us 😁

I think "Big Ben" should be called "Big Ada"

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Let me tell you a secret. I'll whisper so no one can hear: You are still allowed to call a blackboard a blackboard. And you can even still buy them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 04/08/2024 at 19:35, cuttsie said:

Puffer Billy the train , puffy clouds in the sky , puff that lovely expression that was so much a part of my and millions of others childhood now not PC. , so it seems .

He frolicked in the Autumn mist in a land called Honalee .

"Puff" as a derogatory word for homosexuals, was first used 150 years before the Magic Dragon song was written.

1 hour ago, Bamanamanana said:

"Puff" as a derogatory word for homosexuals, was first used 150 years before the Magic Dragon song was written.

I commented earlier, but I'll repeat at the risk of being boring... "queer" used to be a derogatory word for gay men (back in the day when gay men were referred to as homosexual) but now it's the opposite. Maybe "puff' will be adopted as a positive at some point.