Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea .

1 minute ago, echo beach said:

What; straight is  now offensive?😁

echo.

Ha, no. What I meant was that "queer" is now positive terminology and embraced by gay people. Presumably, they took it back and reintroduced it as a positive thing.  

But I think you knew what I meant... 😜

On 06/08/2024 at 09:08, gaz 786 said:

What about whiteboards in school? An insult to us all shocking better call.it a chalkboard what a load of tripe!

Blackboards on easels came first and went out with the Ark, then came sliding and rotating blackboards to be superseded with Whiteboards and the natural progression would be Yellowboards but instead teachers now use interactive boards and projectors connected to laptops.

I go back to writing on a slate with a slate pencil at primary school presumably to save on paper!

echo.

7 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Ha, no. What I meant was that "queer" is now positive terminology and embraced by gay people. Presumably, they took it back and reintroduced it as a positive thing.  

But I think you knew what I meant... 😜

I did.😆

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, echo beach said:

Blackboards on easels came first and went out with the Ark, then came sliding and rotating blackboards to be superseded with Whiteboards and the natural progression would be Yellowboards but instead teachers now use interactive boards and projectors connected to laptops.

I go back to writing on a slate with a slate pencil at primary school presumably to save on paper!

echo.

I've had a projectionary blackboard rubber thrown at me by a teacher

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I've had a projectionary blackboard rubber thrown at me by a teacher

36 minutes ago, Padders said:

And me..

The acid test is ‘Did it knock any sense into you?😆

Or, more likely, did it hone your reflexes in dodging the rubber? Bullet!

Let’s be fair you two had an easy time at school. We used to have gardening lessons on a steep hillside. One day a pupil with a barrow load of manure decided to role play as Stirling Moss, raced down a path with it, failed to take the corner at the bottom of the hill and tipped the lot over another pupil.

The teacher’s reaction was to hurl a garden fork across the plot which landed just short  of the miscreant, twanging in the ground at his feet.

Always thought the teacher, to be so accurate, must have been in the artillery during the war!😀

echo.

twanging

echo.

• Haha 3