Met Police chief Sir Mark Rowley was 'in a hurry' after throwing Sky News journalist's microphone

1 minute ago, mafya said:

How can it be two tier policing when a copper kicked an ethnic guy in the head at the airport? How many right wing rioters have been kicked in the head?

Two tier policing is a smokescreen to hide the fact that they are right wing thugs out for a bit of protesting against migrants with some thuggery and looting chucked in for good measure.

My bold

Yes, some are thugs out for all they can get but they are in the minority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafya said:

How can it be two tier policing when a copper kicked an ethnic guy in the head at the airport? How many right wing rioters have been kicked in the head?

Two tier policing is a smokescreen to hide the fact that they are right wing thugs out for a bit of protesting against migrants with some thuggery and looting chucked in for good measure.

That door swings both ways . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mafya said:

Nonsense.

You can't possibly take one isolated incident like that to try and prove a point.

Anyone denying there is a difference in Police actions regards who is protesting is being very silly. There are many videos out there to prove this. It's all there to see.

Wasn't there one from the other day of a police man begging a mob of Muslims to take their weapons back to the mosque?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Nonsense.

You can't possibly take one isolated incident like that to try and prove a point.

Anyone denying there is a difference in Police actions regards who is protesting is being very silly. There are many videos out there to prove this. It's all there to see.

Wasn't there one from the other day of a police man begging a mob of Muslims to take their weapons back to the mosque?

Well, you’ve just used an isolated incident as evidence that others shouldn’t use isolated incidents as evidence.

Which is part of the problem. We’ve had it on here, from both sides recently. “I’ve got a video that shows….”

The trouble with relying on Twitter type videos for evidence is that they lack any context. They are generally a misrepresentation of a complex situation. Entirely published to push one particular viewpoint.

At the moment,  every responsible, sane citizen should be viewing them with the utmost scepticism and backing the police to regain order. The truth is that there are some very violent, malevolent people out there, pursuing horrific agendas.

I don’t believe that two tier policing exists. But there are many different possible responses to hostile situations. Let them do their job.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Nonsense.

This is unbelievably simplistic. Every protest is different: the physical layout of the streets, the time of day, time of year, the number of protesters vs. the number of police, the police force, the mix of individuals on the protest on the day, the type of protest etc. etc. The number of variables is massive. Plus you would need to watch videos of each protest from start to finish, from multiple angles, in order to compare. By watching selective clips from different protests, you're falling into the social media misinformation trap up to your neck. 

At some point in the late 90s, the National Front marched three times down the same route in Bermondsey, London, within a month or two. I was on a counter-protest each time, and each time the policing tactics were different. You're talking out of your arse, I'm afraid. 

One of the biggest notable differences between left and right wing protesters is that left wingers (and environmental protesters) being the dour, earnest types we are, might go for a drink after a protest and after we've listened to most of the speakers, whereas right wingers drink heavily before and during their gatherings. I've never been drunk on a protest in my life.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This is unbelievably simplistic. Every protest is different: the physical layout of the streets, the time of day, time of year, the number of protesters vs. the number of police, the police force, the mix of individuals on the protest on the day, the type of protest etc. etc. The number of variables is massive. Plus you would need to watch videos of each protest from start to finish, from multiple angles, in order to compare. By watching selective clips from different protests, you're falling into the social media misinformation trap up to your neck. 

At some point in the late 90s, the National Front marched three times down the same route in Bermondsey, London, within a month or two. I was on a counter-protest each time, and each time the policing tactics were different. You're talking out of your arse, I'm afraid. 

One of the biggest notable differences between left and right wing protesters is that left wingers (and environmental protesters) being the dour, earnest types we are, might go for a drink after a protest and after we've listened to most of the speakers, whereas right wingers drink heavily before and during their gatherings. I've never been drunk on a protest in my life.

Absolute poppycock.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

I don’t believe that two tier policing exists. But there are many different possible responses to hostile situations. Let them do their job.

Clearly, there isn't. As above, depends entirely on the situation.

55 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Well you have me there, sir!

You seem to be conveniently forgetting about the BLM, Poll Tax, Anti war demos, hardly right wing those...and of course those peaceful, let's have a pint of craft beer and discuss events Antifa.