Met Police chief Sir Mark Rowley was 'in a hurry' after throwing Sky News journalist's microphone

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

This is unbelievably simplistic. Every protest is different: the physical layout of the streets, the time of day, time of year, the number of protesters vs. the number of police, the police force, the mix of individuals on the protest on the day, the type of protest etc. etc. The number of variables is massive. Plus you would need to watch videos of each protest from start to finish, from multiple angles, in order to compare. By watching selective clips from different protests, you're falling into the social media misinformation trap up to your neck. 

At some point in the late 90s, the National Front marched three times down the same route in Bermondsey, London, within a month or two. I was on a counter-protest each time, and each time the policing tactics were different. You're talking out of your arse, I'm afraid. 

One of the biggest notable differences between left and right wing protesters is that left wingers (and environmental protesters) being the dour, earnest types we are, might go for a drink after a protest and after we've listened to most of the speakers, whereas right wingers drink heavily before and during their gatherings. I've never been drunk on a protest in my life.

Yea , all left left wing protesters are peaceful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

You seem to be conveniently forgetting about the BLM, Poll Tax, Anti war demos, hardly right wing those...and of course those peaceful, let's have a pint of craft beer and discuss events Antifa.

Orgreave .

• Like 2

Well done everyone for missing the point. 

The chimera 'two tier policing' is the idea that the police are more lenient on some groups rather than others, particularly when it comes to protests. Because it has the word 'policing' in it, it should be obvious that it's not about whether left wing protests are more or less violent than right wing ones, it's about the police response, in the UK.

So, to take @Al Bundy's terrible examples: 

Poll tax demo/riot. This did turn violent. The police response was what you might call "extremely robust", including several mounted baton charges. If this is meant to be evidence of bias towards left wing demonstrators, then dear oh dear

Antifa: wrong continent entirely

BLM: there have been so many protests that have been characterised as 'BLM' in the UK that this needs a lot more detail.

The CSE example only works if there's evidence that the police were interested in CSE by white people but not interested in CSE by non-white people. But the investigations and reports show that the police just weren't interested in CSE at all, or the victims. Operation Stovewood has shown us that there were plenty of white perpetrators of CSE in Rotherham that the police did nothing about until recently.

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Well done everyone for missing the point. 

Er not everyone, though I'd suggest that some folk are deliberately avoiding, or misrepresenting, the points that you validly mention.
I suspect we were trying at the same time, so you may have missed my previous post on a possible origin of the term, and its association with the great replacement theory amongst others.
Here's one I came across earlier which points out the reasons why different protests have different approaches.

16 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Er not everyone, though I'd suggest that some folk are deliberately avoiding, or misrepresenting, the points that you validly mention.
I suspect we were trying at the same time, so you may have missed my previous post on a possible origin of the term, and its association with the great replacement theory amongst others.
Here's one I came across earlier which points out the reasons why different protests have different approaches.

Yeah I think you'd posted while I was typing. You haven't missed the point. Interesting that the Devon and Cornwall PCC is saying that one of the differences is that the left follow the procedure set out for organising these things, whereas the far right don't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Nonsense.

You can't possibly take one isolated incident like that to try and prove a point.

Anyone denying there is a difference in Police actions regards who is protesting is being very silly. There are many videos out there to prove this. It's all there to see.

Wasn't there one from the other day of a police man begging a mob of Muslims to take their weapons back to the mosque?

I would be careful fella, the police are cracking down on armchair thugs trying to stir up racial hatred via social media posts=

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13714445/Crackdown-armchair-thugs-Man-charged-man-woman-arrested-trying-stir-hatred-Snapchat-Facebook-posts.html

12 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Nonsense.

You can't possibly take one isolated incident like that to try and prove a point.

Anyone denying there is a difference in Police actions regards who is protesting is being very silly. There are many videos out there to prove this. It's all there to see.

Wasn't there one from the other day of a police man begging a mob of Muslims to take their weapons back to the mosque?

My bold

I absolutely agree. Anyone who denies it is either being dishonest or hasn't seen the masses of footage.

• Like 2