Any idea when the last church….and pub….was built?

The things that come up in conversation🤷‍♂️ but have you any idea when the last church was built? Exclude JW Halls as they spring up all over the place. I’ve never seen a church, proper one with a spire, being built in over 70 years. However I’m  sure the upright Forum members will know….

Likewise, any idea when the last pub was built? My contribution would be the Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor.

Church wise, I reckon one of the newest could be Meersbrook Park United Reform Church on Chesterfield Road, just opposite Heeley Retail Park. 

The new church replaced a much older, larger one.  I reckon it was built back in the early 1990's.  I'm sure there's a date stone on the church if you can find a photo on the internet. 

Staying in Devon at the moment. Just been out for a steak at The New Inn at Morleigh, a small village near Kingsbridge.  So there you are, I’ve answered my own question. Surely it can’t be beaten with a name like that! Must admit it looked well over two hundred years old….

25 minutes ago, GoldenAleLad said:

Concerning pubs, I would volunteer that it was the Hardy Pick , a Hungry Horse pub, purpose built , in Broadfield business Park,  in 2014.

Forgot about the Hardy Pick even though I go in occasionally. 

6 hours ago, Morts said:

The things that come up in conversation🤷‍♂️ but have you any idea when the last church was built? Exclude JW Halls as they spring up all over the place. I’ve never seen a church, proper one with a spire, being built in over 70 years. However I’m  sure the upright Forum members will know….

Likewise, any idea when the last pub was built? My contribution would be the Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor.

Don't know when they were built but they all closing pretty fast am afraid 😳 

• Sad 1