Charlie Peace

Just watched Ghostbusters investigating Charlie Peace who murdered two adults and a boy.  It's in the property of Paul Chuckle's barn extension.

I know Mel has posted about Charlie Peace before.

At Banner Cross below the pub there was an open passageway to the car park at the rear. On the lintel above the entrance there was a bullet mark which reputedly was left by Peace when he shot the husband of Mrs. Dyson, the woman he was having an affair with.

Unfortunately it can't be seen now as the passageway has been filled in and is now a barbers shop.

Before this he had shot and killed a policeman in Manchester but another man was found guilty of this.

He was also a violin player and used to busk around the pubs.

He also invented an early type of  divers helmet and a device for raising sunken ships I believe.

Edited by Gormenghast

There's an old black & white film, must have been made in the 1930's, that's shown on a regularly on the Talking Pictures tv channel about Charlie Peace & his trial after capture.   Keep catching glimpses of it but not seen it all the way through.  Not sure if any bits of Sheffield feature? 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

There's an old black & white film, must have been made in the 1930's, that's shown on a regularly on the Talking Pictures tv channel about Charlie Peace & his trial after capture.   Keep catching glimpses of it but not seen it all the way through.  Not sure if any bits of Sheffield feature? 

'The Case of Charles Peace'. I watched it all the way through on Talking Pictures a while back. From memory, some areas of Sheffield were mentioned during the courtroom scenes (Banner Cross for example). I didn't recognise any parts of Sheffield being shown in the location shots.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

Just bought the dvd - and it's in colour!

Just looked it up on the internet.  Yours must have been coloured / remastered? 

This is the one the show on the Talking Pictures channel if its the same one? 

image.png.3e0e97174dabc8f265954144c539f868.png

• Like 1

On 09/08/2024 at 22:04, cressida said:

Just watched Ghostbusters investigating Charlie Peace who murdered two adults and a boy.  It's in the property of Paul Chuckle's barn extension.

I know Mel has posted about Charlie Peace before.

what is  in the property of Paul Chuckle's barn extension.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MICK BADGER said:

what is  in the property of Paul Chuckle's barn extension.

The spirit of Charlie Peace.  or it was,  it has been exorcised so now gone.

Edited by cressida