The gift that keeps giving.

20 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Mi Ribs.🤣🤣.

May be an image of soccer, football and text that says 'THE HEFOOTBALL COMMUNITY ELD WEDNESDAY SMERIELD WEDNESDAY LIMU EST. 1867 SHEFBELDWEDNESDA SHEFFIELD Although we cannot prevent supporters from wearing counterfeit shirts away from Hillsborough, we do respectfully request that such products are not displayed inside the stadium. Anyone found to be wearing a fake shirt inside Hillsborough could be asked to leave, with information passed on to the relevant parties.'

I wonder what happens if they're asked to leave but refuse to on account that they've bought one of those really expensive season tickets? 

What a load of nonsense. I wonder which over-reactive, paranoid control-freak requested that this message be issued.

Asked to leave? Even season ticket holders?  I’d love to see the clause in the season ticket Ts &Cs that covers this.

This would be like buying a ticket to go and see Taylor Swift, and  being denied entry for wearing a fake Taylor Swift shirt you got off Temu or DHGate or whatever. It just would NEVER happen. Because Taylor Swift knows that that stuff is totally outside her control, and people are always going to do it. What she undoubtedly wouldn’t do is alienate a section of her fan base by banning them. Because that would look very controlling, very greedy, and very silly.

Fabulous club-to-fan relationship building….again!

🤡

Who are the club going to report them to? The Police? Trading Stadards?

I bet The Police can’t wait to jump on this. I mean, they’ve got nothing better to do at the moment, have they.

”Forget them there riots lads. There’s a fake shirt wearer in Wadsley Bridge. And we’ve only gone and been gifted his address by Big Dej. Jump in the response vehicle quick sharp. This one’s going down!”

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I wonder what happens if they're asked to leave but refuse to on account that they've bought one of those really expensive season tickets? 

As I understand it manufacturing and/or supplying counterfeit goods is illegal, but buying counterfeit goods for personal use is not illegal even if you are aware it's a ' knock off '.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-12881089/Is-illegal-buy-fake-designer-handbag-local-market-DEAN-DUNHAM-replies.html

That being the case it's difficult to see how Wednesday can justify expelling a supporter from the ground, and as they aren't committing an offence who exactly are they going to report them to?  

What clown came up with this nonsense?  Whoever it was is clueless, Sheffield football supporters from both camps have had enough crap to put up with without their own club dreaming up nonsense like this. Bloody Hell!

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

As I understand it manufacturing and/or supplying counterfeit goods is illegal, but buying counterfeit goods for personal use is not illegal even if you are aware it's a ' knock off '.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-12881089/Is-illegal-buy-fake-designer-handbag-local-market-DEAN-DUNHAM-replies.html

That being the case it's difficult to see how Wednesday can justify expelling a supporter from the ground, and as they aren't committing an offence who exactly are they going to report them to?  

What clown came up with this nonsense?  Whoever it was is clueless, Sheffield football supporters from both camps have had enough crap to put up with without their own club dreaming up nonsense like this. Bloody Hell!

Correct. Buying counterfeit goods is NOT illegal.

https://www.getsafeonline.org/personal/articles/counterfeit-goods/

Buying counterfeit goods, however, is not illegal, even if you do so knowingly.”

So what offence will those supporters have committed that justifies and warrants expulsion?

What a silly billy.

The complete lack of competence behind this announcement is incredible. Before applying a rule consideration has to be given to certain specifics. Is it fair, can it be enforced, will it achieve its objective, is it worth any negative response, and will it improve the situation.

In this case the answer to all five is No.  

You do realise all or the majority of EFL clubs have issued the same statement so not like it's just us. I don't see the point though, are clubs going to check your shirt on entry to the ground. Aswell as that it's not illegal to buy counterfeit shirts so not breaking the law.

Of course clubs could lessen the amount of people resorting to using the sites by selling shirts at a reasonable price instead of fleacing fans. Even just reverting back to keeping shirts for 2 years but alternating changing them each season like they used to.

41 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

You do realise all or the majority of EFL clubs have issued the same statement so not like it's just us. I don't see the point though, are clubs going to check your shirt on entry to the ground. Aswell as that it's not illegal to buy counterfeit shirts so not breaking the law.

Of course clubs could lessen the amount of people resorting to using the sites by selling shirts at a reasonable price instead of fleacing fans. Even just reverting back to keeping shirts for 2 years but alternating changing them each season like they used to.

Didn’t you know Nervy? The real ones have a chip sown into the collar and if you don’t have it the turnstile turns into the tenth station of the cross and thou shall be stripped of thine garments and scourged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I was unaware that any other club has issued the same statement. If they have then they are also being ridiculous. It's unenforceable.  The supporter is not committing any crime and they have paid for entrance to the ground. If any club is daft enough to try to act on this they are going to leave themselves wide open to a claim. As you know there are  ambulance chasing' style lawyers who will love this.

I completely agree with you about the prices being charged for the genuine article. The mark up on shirts in club shops is high and the mark up on counterfeit shirts is even more despite them being sold so much cheaper. What's a family with two or three kids supposed to do? Ticket prices are high, add in replica shirts, travel and food and drink at the match and it isn't affordable for many.

Fans needs have slipped down the priority list over the years and it's just become a business first and last.

• Like 1