Words & Phrases that irritate

Too many to remember! I hate it when I see people selling a chest of drawers and they refer to the drawers as "draws"  That's quite common. The other thing that I really dislike is the use of the word "likely" in a sentence - people in the U.K. are often using it in the American way. For instance, "He's likely getting the bus home" Rather than 'He's more likely to get the bus home'

Not too keen on "it is what it is" either.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Too many to remember! I hate it when I see people selling a chest of drawers and they refer to the drawers as "draws"  That's quite common. The other thing that I really dislike is the use of the word "likely" in a sentence - people in the U.K. are often using it in the American way. For instance, "He's likely getting the bus home" Rather than 'He's more likely to get the bus home'

Not too keen on "it is what it is" either.

Oh yes , " it is what it is " is another one , We seem to get loads from our Americans 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Phrases which ask questions which have already been answered:

Yes, "Gotten" I hate seeing that. Another Americanism getting adopted here. It's an irritation for me sadly.

• Like 1