Words & Phrases that irritate

15 hours ago, Padders said:

I can't understand, why in Gods name people have started putting "Super" in front of words?

It's super annoying, and obviously a trend followed by the super mindless.

Honestly it's super ridiculous.

You sound like Mary Poppins, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,   and I know you will check the spelling. :suspect:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That one drives me mad and it’s creeping over here . 

Candy cotton instead of candy floss,  or the British saying would you like a cookie rather than a biscuit,  flippin cheesey.  :gag:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Four words used mainly by young sloppy TV Presenters,  Basically,   used  just about every sentence as  a filler word while they  are thinking of something to say.  Awesome,  ( American slush) Totallly ( Childish)  , and  the word, Super (unless the conversation is about Starmer,  Super Man)  :hihi:

Don't get me started on TV presenters.  "The stories you are waking up to this morning".  You are already awake or you wouldn't be hearing what they say.  "Your weather today".  Now unless they are sat in an airtight room with a preset pressure",  it is their weather as well, so it should be "Our weather today". 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spilldig said:

Don't get me started on TV presenters.  "The stories you are waking up to this morning".  You are already awake or you wouldn't be hearing what they say.  "Your weather today".  Now unless they are sat in an airtight room with a preset pressure",  it is their weather as well, so it should be "Our weather today". 

Its a waste of time them  saying owt about weather because they never get it reight especially Hudson on Look North,  he is only bothered about Leeds. :hihi:

• Haha 1