10 hours ago, El Cid said:

A relative has told me that she is going out with a guy who uses coke on a daily basis.

I don't think drug users are bad people, just weak and unwise. I don't know much about the subject.

Can someone function almost normally, I have seen some people who have had their children taken away and they just function on benefits.

He has been banned from driving, but I believe he still works. I assume the drugs come first, so it will all end in tears, my relative seems to accept the situation.

He recently went to Thailand with some mates, is Thailand an excuse to deal drugs?

If he takes it daily then he has a drug habit and it’s quite serious, having it recreationally now and again isn’t so bad but everyday means it’s a problem.

Also it depends how much he is taking a day, I have a relative who was similar and he had money but knew it was becoming a problem so decided to go into rehab.

The guy is probably a sound fella but having coke everyday is a habit and costs money…

• Like 1

I highly doubt they will be dealing in Thailand.

Yes it's possible to function on drugs, I've known weed, coke and heroin users function as normal with limited use.

It depends on the individual to be honest. Don't judge him because he might have the odd bifter or line.

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

Like everything in life, moderation is the key, or it takes over your life

Agreed. The most I have ever done was cigarettes until I packed smoking up about 20 years ago I just have a drink now and again but never more than my weekly units.  I once tried some cannabis on a trip to Amsterdam and I reckoned nowt to it, but I have always had been curious as to what it would be like to smoke a pipe full of opium?

3 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Agreed. The most I have ever done was cigarettes until I packed smoking up about 20 years ago I just have a drink now and again but never more than my weekly units.  I once tried some cannabis on a trip to Amsterdam and I reckoned nowt to it, but I have always had been curious as to what it would be like to smoke a pipe full of opium?

All drugs are bad news ..the dealers don't use them that tells you something. 

17 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

All drugs are bad news ..the dealers don't use them that tells you something. 

Some do some don't, depends on the person, you've been watching too many films

Guess it depends on the individual and often why they are using, I've never done any non prescription drugs nearest i've been, is in a smoked outed mini bus when with my old 5-side team, but friends have and do  admittedly they function fine.

Is it worse than Alcohol or prescription drugs?, my doctors have probably had me on a lot worse than most drug users take.

easy to be overly judgemental, although cannabis in some instances can be quite healthy.....   when you have to walk 2 extra stops on the tube to the footie because, you need to avoid your footie mates best friend waiting to wag their tail for him at the match station.   

Puppylove GIF by Pedigree India