Girl, 11, and woman, 34, stabbed in central London

An 11-year-old girl and 34-year-old woman have been stabbed in London's Leicester Square.

In a post on X, the Met Police said a man had been arrested and taken into custody, adding the force does not believe there are "any outstanding suspects".

Paramedics said the two victims had been taken to "a major trauma centre". Their condition is currently unknown, according to the Met.

Police officers remain at the scene, which is in one of the busiest tourist districts in the capital.

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said paramedics were called at 11:36 BST to reports of a stabbing.

They said: “We sent resources to the scene, including an ambulance crew, an advanced paramedic and an incident response officer. We also dispatched members of our tactical response unit.

“We treated a child and an adult at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre.”

Soon after the attack, several police officers were still at the scene next to the Lego store on Swiss Court, just off the square itself.

Objects could be seen on the ground behind crime scene tape, with a small crowd of people gathered in the distance.

Your thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckg5xx0gly8o.amp

Well done to that Abdullah lad who tackled the man and kicked the knife away from him, and to the other men who helped him to get the attacker pinned on the floor. Good that folks were prepared to have a go, otherwise it could have been much nastier. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

Well done to that Abdullah lad who tackled the man and kicked the knife away from him, and to the other men who helped him to get the attacker pinned on the floor. Good that folks were prepared to have a go, otherwise it could have been much nastier. 

Oh well done to them I say 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah, I mean knife crime isn't a growing problem is it.

Why even mention it eh? 🙄

Unlike the USA we ban guns, but could we ban knives?

If you want to do someone harm, you could find an implement.

But is it a growing problem, younger people without the same moral upbringing or mental health issues?

What do kids learn from being online or on smartphones too much?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Unlike the USA we ban guns, but could we ban knives?

If you want to do someone harm, you could find an implement.

But is it a growing problem, younger people without the same moral upbringing or mental health issues?

What do kids learn from being online or on smartphones too much?

It definitely seems like it's a growing problem. I'm not sure what we can do about it to be honest aside from building more prisons to lock people up who walk around with a knife/samurai sword/machete. 

I doubt that'll happen though. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It definitely seems like it's a growing problem. I'm not sure what we can do about it to be honest aside from building more prisons to lock people up who walk around with a knife/samurai sword/machete. 

Meanwhile we're jailing (not suspended sentences) people who say harsh words on the internet.....

56 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, we have x-rated sex films that children are not meant to watch, but is violence treated in the same way.

Did the good guys always win, is that different now?

Video games, does that affect young minds, it's not real life, but I am sure it does.

People grow up to be more educated, but do they still learn thru play?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Resident said:

Meanwhile we're jailing (not suspended sentences) people who say harsh words on the internet.....

Inciting a riot, or do you mean something else?

• Like 1