Girl, 11, and woman, 34, stabbed in central London

16 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Well, we have x-rated sex films that children are not meant to watch, but is violence treated in the same way.

Did the good guys always win, is that different now?

Video games, does that affect young minds, it's not real life, but I am sure it does.

People grow up to be more educated, but do they still learn thru play?

El Cid , I watch True Crime programs & there were a few where kids were addicted to games ,some very violent & some turned to murder to re enact the game , I do think some become so totally hooked by some games . It's scary 

• Sad 1

Whilst there's nothing posted here on SF which seems inaccurate, beware what you follow/believe on other social media
The BBC and other reports are likely correct, but have been hijacked by at least this account; This account doesn't look to be the chap who was involved.
image.png.39104d5347406f4081d4e593912c63db.png

2 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

El Cid , I watch True Crime programs & there were a few where kids were addicted to games ,some very violent & some turned to murder to re enact the game , I do think some become so totally hooked by some games . It's scary 

I'm not sure that playing a game truly inspires people to commit murder, maybe the perpetrator has the inherent capability to commit the crime due to mental health problems, or having suffered abuse from an early age resulting in severe mental health problems. (Repeated myself a bit there, too tired edit)

3 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Yes, some do but millions of others don't so what's so scary?  Is there really a massive proven probability of a causal link between violent video games and violent acts in the street or is it just hyped up over exaggerated speculation fuelled by media looking to boost ratings. This is the danger. 

Some people are chronic alcoholics but it doesn't mean that everyone who enjoys the odd tipple once or twice a week becomes chronically dependant. 

Some people are morbidly obese and literally eating themselves to death, but that doesn't mean that every single person who enjoys the odd treat or fast food burger is automatically of medical concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yes, some do but millions of others don't so what's so scary?  Is there really a massive proven probability of a causal link between violent video games and violent acts in the street or is it just hyped up over exaggerated speculation fuelled by media looking to boost ratings. This is the danger. 

Some people are chronic alcoholics but it doesn't mean that everyone who enjoys the odd tipple once or twice a week becomes chronically dependant. 

Some people are morbidly obese and literally eating themselves to death, but that doesn't mean that every single person who enjoys the odd treat or fast food burger is automatically of medical concern.

OIIIII stop having a go . It was one program I was watching , which focused on a lad who the Police focused on the fact that this particular murderer had been addicted to very dark videos . It's not my opinion that these games had anything to do with it , it was a Police investigation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

OIIIII stop having a go . It was one program I was watching , which focused on a lad who the Police focused on the fact that this particular murderer had been addicted to very dark videos . It's not my opinion that these games had anything to do with it , it was a Police investigation. 

I am not having "a go" i'm engaging in debate.   I mean that's the only purpose of this thread right?   Get people commenting? 

Since there's scant facts or substance to the actual incident to talk about might as well get on with wading through the tangents,  speculation about yoofs with  with smart phones, video games and moral upbringings, arguments over facebook posts, Palestine, hate speech punishments being too harsh.....  and all before the Police have barely started their  their investigations 🙄

13 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I am not having "a go" i'm engaging in debate.   I mean that's the only purpose of this thread right?   Get people commenting? 

Since there's scant facts or substance to the actual incident to talk about might as well get on with wading through the tangents,  speculation about yoofs with  with smart phones, video games and moral upbringings, arguments over facebook posts, Palestine, hate speech punishments being too harsh.....  and all before the Police have barely started their  their investigations 🙄

Well , I seemed to remember something over in US , about folk blaming Rock music for crime . Will have to try & find it , but I recall Judas Priest being one of the group people blamed .